Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday, July 15th - how can we possibly be half way through July already? The nice weather has just arrived!

 It's going to be a warm muggy day
Conditions at 5:00 am: 22' that feels more like 30'
Expected later today: chance of showers with 27' that feels more like 37' but there's a bit of a breeze so that should help

The last couple of days have been a bit sketchy. Actually Monday was great and I was able to finish cutting the grass that I started on Sunday. Now it's all done except for the trimming. Tuesday started out dampish and then rained on and off all day. Lloyd was planning to re-shingle the little roof at the back that fell victim to tropical storm Arthur but it was too wet. With any luck he'll be able to get to in by the end of the week. Things are supposed to improve by the weekend.

Other than bits of laundry, I didn't do anything last night except read. I'm really bad when I get engrossed in a book - I can't put it down and flit from project to project as quickly as possible so I can get back to reading. Fortunately I finished the book I was reading last night. Now I just have to make myself not start another one for a few days. I feel like that's all I've been doing the past couple of weeks is read. I suppose that's not a bad way to pass the time but it does hinder other activities!

Not a lot going on this week. Lloyd was talking to some friends from Guelph on the weekend. They're planning a vacation to the east coast with their camper trailer and will be spending a few days with us. Lloyd thought it was the end of July and that was going to conflict with my trip with James. But it turns out that it's later in August so that's really good. Lloyd will also be away for a couple of days training in Halifax at the end of the month, for work. I think he'll get back a day or two before I leave so it won't impact any livestock needs. It's always a great thing when timing works!

Not much else happening at the moment. I'm off on Saturday and we have a wedding at the Rec Centre to work at. There's one pretty much every Saturday for the rest of the summer so we'll have to get back into serving mode once again. It's been a while, for me anyway. Brenda made it to the first one of the season but I was tied up with other things at the time. It's going to be a busy summer n Fort Augustus.


No comments:

Post a Comment