Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday, July 9th - ooops - slept in this morning -sorry for the delay!

Conditions at 7:53: am: 20' but feeling more like 25'
Expected later: 27 sunny degrees that will feel more like 35'

I confess, I slept in this morning till almost 6:00.  Last night a friend from Ontario came over for supper and brought her friend with her. Nadia has never been to the island before so it's nice that the weather is sort of cooperating. They did arrive on Friday just in time for storm Arthur but they managed okay. They've been very busy touring the island before they leave on Thursday afternoon so we're glad we had a chance to get together. We enjoyed BBQ ribs that were tender, falling off the bone, boiled new PEI potatoes with buter and chives, and corn on the cob. We finished off with some sticky date pudding for dessert. Many thanks to Lloyd for doing most of the work. (okay, I did help a little)  It seems we've stumbled upon a sure proof way of doing the ribs to make they really tender and flavourful.

It helped that the girls were there fairly late as I had to wait till Lloyd got up to go to work. He had gotten a ride into town yesterday to pick up my newly painted bike, and it looks GREAT! (pictures on Friday). I  love it!  But his truck was at the Van Gaals and he needed it to get to work. So hopefully we didn't make too much noise in their driveway at 11:00 last night.

Lloyd is off this morning to Windsor, Nova Scotia to pick up his bees. Sadly his bees didn't make it through the winter, which was not uncommon this past year. So he's going to give it another try. It's going to be a long day for him, working all night then heading out onto the road. He'll get back late this afternoon if all goes well. He'll surely be tired but assures me if he needs to stop and have a little nap along the way, he will do that.

The heat and humidity continues but there's a slight breeze so it's all good! You'll not hear me complaining!

1 comment:

  1. This is a test to see if I can leave a comment from my iPad- looks like I can

    ReplyDelete