Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday, December 15th - what an insane weekend

Conditions at 5:15 am- overcast and 1'
Expected later: a  mix of sun and cloud and 2' with a small chance of either showers or flurries

Some of our weather has been a bit unseasonable but Saturday really took the prize. I spent part of the morning out in the garage cleaning up my craft room from doing Christmas cards.  I was going to do some other projects but the sun was streaming in the window and I thought I should really go outside. Oh my gosh, when I did, I was totally surprised to find the temperature was around 7' or 8 ' and with the sun it felt much warmer. I was outside with just a long sleeved shirt on and I was very comfortable. It was like a beautiful spring day!   I brought a planter outside to put Christmas greenery in, something Brenda and I do each year
 and we had talked about maybe going out on Saturday afternoon to look for stuff to decorate with.  So I took a walk around the yard and found a couple of small trees that have been damaged and will need to be cut down in the spring, but still had some green branches. I took my trimmers and a bucket out with me and after traipsing around the back field and the flower beds in front I was almost finished. Then after I went inside, I saw that Brenda had called.  I went and picked her up and we headed out  to pick up some more colourful branches and things to add to it. We came back here and she helped me finish off mine. Then she was off home to start on hers. I'm quite pleased with the results but I do need a large bow to finish it off.  I'll pick one up at lunch today.All in all a beautiful day to be outside.

The back wall is one massive waterfall
When that was done, it was time to grab a bite to eat then get ready for the Christmas party. We both got dressed up in our finest party wear, despite the fact that we were probably going to be overdressed for the occasion (I was right!) but I like to think we got dressed up for each other, rather than for everyone else.  I wore a sequined and beaded top and dress pants and Lloyd wore his suit and tie. It's been a long time since we dressed up to go out together so it was kind of nice.  Our party was at the Claddagh Oyster House at the Old Dublin Pub and it was really nice. The space itself is lovely and a good time was had by all. We had passed appetizers first as we all sat and socialized before we had our meal. We had both ordered the steak and it was cooked perfectly, or in our case, undercooked perfectly as we both like it blue, which grosses out most people.  The steaks were quite large and it was a lot of food, so much so, that I couldn't finish it and I didn't have dessert. Now that's a lot of food.  After dinner, we were all welcome to go upstairs to the pub, but we headed home instead.  Lloyd had worked the night before and didn't have a huge amount of sleep so he was starting to fade. All in all, it was a really nice evening.

Sunday wasn't quite as warm but it was still pretty mild in the morning. I headed out to the craft room quite early and spent most of the day out there working on a couple of projects that I'm pleased to say are finished. More on that at a later date! I came inside around 4:00 and the rest of the day was spent watching Christmas movies on TV, a glass (or two) of wine and some cheese, crackers, hummus, etc for snacking as we watched, and that ended up being supper.

All in all an enjoyable, and productive weekend.  And speaking of productive, I just went in to update something and learned that this is my 1,000th post! Wow, that's a lot of drivel about not much of anything!




No comments:

Post a Comment