Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday, December 1st - a productive, of not exciting weekend

 December 1st - only 21 more  days and the days will start getting longer - spring is just around the corner!

Conditions at 5:10 am: overcast and 9'
Expected later: 10' and maybe a few showers

The warm temperatures are making short work of last week's snowfall. Much more should be gone by the end of the day, especially if we get some rain.

The weather really didn't matter too much this weekend. I picked up a couple of pizzas on Friday after work and dropped in to the Van Gaals. What a great way to end the week - good company, a glass of wine and a meal that no one had to slave over. It was a nice evening. Great suggestion, Bernie.

Saturday morning I was up relatively early and started in baking more cookies. I pretty much spent the whole day doing that so now I think I'm finished. I have enough in the freezer for the lady I'm doing a tray for, as well as ourselves.

Sunday was nice and sunny and after my morning coffee I headed out to the craft room. I had snowpants to be shortened for someone at work, as well as a couple of pairs of Lloyd's pants that needed mending. After that it was on to Christmas cards. I managed to keep myself occupied out there till well after 2:30.  It was a great day. At one point Lloyd came upstairs bearing a tray laden down with cups of hot tea, cheese, crackers, salami slices and some cookies ( the few that are not in the freezer), so a big thank you for your thoughtfulness.  I still have a bit of work to do on my cards but that requires a computer. My desktop in the craft room is somewhat ailing and needs a new part. Lloyd will pick it up on Tuesday morning after work so Wednesday evening I should be set to go.

Tuesday if our final community school class. It's time to put our efforts on display and enjoy a pot luck supper with everyone. I will bring my rug to put on display, after which I will have to take it all apart and re-stitch it. It seems I was a little over zealous when I was stitching and pulled the threads too tightly so now it won't lie flat. At least I won't have to do the braiding again. It's just a matter of pulling out the stitching and re-doing it. Oh well, as I always say, there's nothing like doing something wrong, to learn how to do it right! 

Got a text message from Patti this morning. She just returned from a flight to Geneva and a TV chef from Toronto was on the flight. Apparently he wasn't fond of the chicken pot pie that her airline served. She wasn't sure that's what it was, but that's what the catering report claimed it to be.   Everyone's a critic!   Guess he would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment