Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wednesday, December 17th - Little more than a week to go

Conditions at 4:30 am: overcast and -2 with absolutely no wind at all
Expected later: moving up to 1' and a chance of showers this afternoon, then rain overnight

It's still pretty mild for this time of year but I'm not complaining. I have to admit it makes life so much easier when you're running around trying to get things done - no slippery roads and not so cold getting in and out of the car. And we're not even going to talk about the price of gas. It's been insanely dropping over the past couple of weeks and as of yesterday, we're paying 99.9 cents per litre - pretty good compared to the $1.36 we were paying not so long ago. Doesn't it just figure - this year the family has chosen to fly down when the price of gas is the lowest it's been in years, and there's no snow! But all of that could change in a weeks time. Right now the weather network is predicting 5 to 10 cm of snow for Monday, so well see - it might be a white Christmas after all.

Helping write Christmas Cards

Christmas plans are coming together. I have most of my gifts now assembled under the tree, all waiting to be wrapped. Other than a couple of little things I still need to buy, I think I'm almost done.  The baking is done, although I could probably use a few more cookies. The cards are in the mail,  e-cards have been sent to those I can't find addresses for, so I think we're in good shape. All that's left is some grocery shopping and cleaning the house, and I still have a whole weekend left. What is wrong with this picture??? I must be overlooking something really important!

Talked to Patti yesterday afternoon and apparently she won tickets to see "One Direction" on the radio yesterday morning. Needless to say, Meghan was beside herself with excitement. That will be a pretty awesome birthday gift for her, come August, when the concert takes place.

Tonight is the Montessori School's annual Winter Play. This year they're doing Lion King, and Tristen is one of the Lions. Watch for photos in coming days. Once again I'm sure Patti has worked her magic in the costume department. I know they will have costumes from the last time they did this play, but  she's never happy with just using the old costumes. She'll likely have made a few changes. Good luck tonight kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment