Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wednesday, December 24th - One more sleep!!!

Conditions at 5:15 am: -1 and overcast
Expected later: the temperature will gradually go up and we should start getting rain this evening, that will be heavy into tomorrow along with strong winds, and temperatures will rise to anywhere from 12 to 14'
Perhaps we should be celebrating Easter instead of Christmas. The 25th is certainly going to feel more like that.

Hopefully the weather won't impact air travel tomorrow. One more sleep till all my babies get here. I can't wait to see them. It's been a long time. I saw James in the summer but Meg and Tristen I only saw for a few short hours back in the spring, on my way back from Victoria.

Other than some cleaning and making up beds, I'm all ready for Christmas. The presents are wrapped and under the tree, the cookies are baked, the turkey is in the fridge and the liquor stock is full. Time to bring on the holidays!

Half a day at work this morning, while Lloyd sleeps, and then I'm off till Monday morning. I'm picking up the last few things at the grocery store on  my way to work this morning (gotta love those stores that are open 24 hrs a day), then Lloyd will pick everything up from my car at 8:00 and bring it all home. It will be much faster doing it that way, rather than waiting till noon. I imagine things will be a little crazy by that time and I'd just as soon miss all that, thank you very much.

This evening Lloyd and I will be attending the Salvation Army Christmas Eve service, which is being combined with the Baptist Church and held in the Ballroom at the Delta. Then when it's over, it's off to the VanGaals for their annual Christmas Eve event. We're very fortunate to have good friends who include us in their holiday celebrations.

So, since I really have nothing else to report, a very  
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU
who have hung in there for yet, another year and continue to read my drivel.
 We'll connect again on Friday morning, as I'm getting ready for our Christmas Feast!


ClipartClipart

No comments:

Post a Comment