Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday, January 14th - winter has finally arrived!

Conditions at 6:00 am: a very clear and cold -19' that feels more like -26'
Expected later: a high of -9' that will feel more like -15' and lots of sunshine

Winter arrived on Monday afternoon. The drive home was a little tricky as there was ice on the roads under the snow. It was fine as long as you took your time but I was glad to get home. More snow overnight left a few more inches, causing a one hour delay in the schools opening but I actually found the drive in not too bad, although it could have been much worse in other areas.

It snowed a large part of the day yesterday and finally cleared mid afternoon. By the time I left to go home, all was good. The roads were cleared and now that the days are getting a little longer, it's not so dark when I leave work now. Spring must be just around that corner!

Same story as Monday, not a lot going on. About the only thing happening is that Lloyd finally got to try out his new snowblower. It worked wonderfully and he was pretty happy with it. Only trouble is, he needs a balaclava for his face as the snow sometimes gets blown by the wind back into his face. Good thing he has a birthday coming up! Sounds like a great gift idea.

I really need to get out to my craft room and get some organizing done out there. I still have my little Christmas tree up out there. I've been working on his draft stopper for the garage door and been doing that in front of the TV. Hopefully a couple more days and it will be done. It's taking a long time to make something that's 12 feet long, that's essentially a hollow scarf. I even took it to work yesterday to knit during lunch hour. Hopefully that will speed things up. I have other things I'd like to get started on but I have to get this project finished first.

No comments:

Post a Comment