Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday, June 14th - this weather is really starting to get people down

It's a chilly 9' this morning and we're only going up to 15' later with a chance of rain - again.  It's really hard to think of this as almost summer because it sure doesn't feel like it. As usual the weather seems to be the biggest topic of conversation when folks come into the dealership. It can only get better, right? It could be much worse. The record low daytime temperature for our area was 2002 when it was 2' and the record low was in 1969 when it was 28' - neither of those is really very pleasant so I suppose 15' isn't really so bad after all. We just have to put it into the right perspective.

Lloyd has been really busy around the place this week. In addition to the jobs that got done earlier he now has the gravel spread around the back yard so it doesn't look quite so patchy. It will be a functional place to park I suppose. It's going to take me a while to get used to it.  He does have a plan apparently and I'm sure it will all shape up eventually.

James is excitedly waiting for his trip to PEI. He's taking bagpipe lessons at Air Cadets so I'm taking him to the College of Piping when he's here. They have a production they put on each summer called Highland Storm that features all kinds of music and of course, pipe music.  He's going to be quite a busy boy while he's here and musically quite diverse - from bagpipes to Hedley.  All our activities will be balanced with a nice cup of tea - something he seems to really enjoy, although I'm not sure what he drinks could actually qualify as tea given the amount of milk and sugar that his contains. But he's got the idea anyway. He will often say to me "Grandma, we should have a cup of tea and a chat".  It's really quite cute.
(All I have to do is figure out how to rotate this darn picture! )

The last time I was in Guelph I went with Patti to a little shop that mostly sells the little  K-cups for coffee but they also have a nice selection of loose teas. I picked up a blend called "Buckingham Palace Garden Party Tea".  James really enjoyed the process of putting the tea leaves into the little tea sacs and making our own tea bags when he was here at Christmas and at Easter. He and I were driving in Guelph last weekend and as we passed the little shop I mentioned that I needed to stop there before I went home and pick up some more tea. He was quite surprised to learn that I'd gotten the tea in Guelph. He wanted to know "Why don't I know this?"  So before I left to come back to the island, I went in and bought him his own package of tea and a package of the little tea sacs. What a boy!

Well, I slept in a bit this morning forgetting that it was Friday so time is of the essence right now. Have to run to get ready for work. Have a great weekend and we'll catch up on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment