Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday, June 21st - another great day on the way

It seems like we've waited so long for the nice weather that we're enjoying every moment of it. It's currently 15' and we should reach a comfortable high of 22' this afternoon. The last two days were fabulous and today will be the same although there is a chance of thundershowers later today. I know it will rain because I purchased a really long garden hose and sprinkler yesterday and we set it all up last night to water the garden. Not to worry - it's now in place for further dry weather. I didn't get to the front flower bed so it needs rain anyway.

The last of the seeds have been planted and now we just watch and wait for the plants and/or weeds to grow.   Brenda has been really busy getting her yard work done this week as well. With Bernie away she's been going at it full force. Yesterday she borrowed my car for the morning and when she picked me up at lunch, we had time to go for ice cream before I dropped her at her bus. Ice cream, sitting outside at a picnic table in the bright sunshine - does it really get any better than that? I think not. She still has some jobs to complete before she leaves on her trip next Friday. She's heading to New Brunswick tomorrow to celebrate a brother in law's birthday just in time to meet up with Bernie who should arrive at said celebration the same day. He's had a great trip and this will be a nice way to end it.

It's been a busy few days at work and the next week may be a little chaotic. There's a big promotion going on and everyone will be working straight through the lunch hour from Monday to Wednesday. Lloyd and I have been asked if we are interested in  providing the food so we agreed. There will be some work involved but we may as well make a little money off of it rather than someone from outside.  We've gotten some menus planned that I think will work nicely.

Saturday afternoon Lloyd is meeting me after work and we're traveling up to visit the Ontario folks that found us via this blog. I'm really looking forward to meeting them and seeing their new place. I've watched the progress through their blog and it will be interesting to see the real thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment