Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday, June 3rd - not the greatest of weather but way better than southern Ontario (sorry guys!)

At 5:00 am it's 17' while the Guelph area is at 7". We should reach a high of 22' later with a possibility of maybe some scattered showers. Not too bad.  The weekend weather wasn't as great as was promised all week but it really wasn't too bad.

After work on Saturday I headed to the garden centre and loaded up on mulch. That was my goal for the weekend - to tidy up my little flower bed areas. It had been cloudy and cool all day but not yet raining so I got to work finishing up the lawn when I got home. It was threatening rain but fortunately it held off. I got out the push mower to do around the house but the grass there is now too long and thick so Lloyd will have to do that when he gets back.

The apple trees are in bloom so I bet the bees are loving this

The lilacs are just about ready to burst into flower
When you're cutting the grass you can't help but take time
to notice all the little changes to the trees
Sunday was promised to be hot and sunny but in the morning it was cool and cloudy. I puttered about inside doing laundry and such, and was just making some toast when Brenda called and invited me over for french toast. An offer I couldn't refuse.  While I was there young Will took me outside to see his 'new' bike. He used an older one that used to be purple. He's got it all dressed up with a new paint job and it looks fantastic. Nice job Will.

After a delicious breakfast complete with coffee and Bailey's (does it really get any better?) I headed back home to do some work. Fortunately it cleared up at times and the late afternoon was beautiful. It was quite warm and sunny but too late in the day to do much but sit outside with a glass of wine and a book and enjoy the rest of the day.

I did manage to finish the  mulch and it looks so much better now.  I think Lloyd will notice the difference when he gets home at the end of the week.

The beginning of the herb plantings
The mulch makes such a difference.  Even the sparse plantings in my front bed look better, but I know in time they will fill out.


1 comment:

  1. Hey from Ontario, turned out to be a fine day here on Monday also. Great golfing weather in the high teens with lotsa sun. To-day, Tuesday also spectacular and off to the course yet again!! Hope the back holds out cuz the weather looks superb in Uxbridge (your Port Perry)

    ReplyDelete