Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday, May 31st - is it finally going to warm up?

May hasn't been the best month weather wise but it's certainly going out with a flourish. It's 13' at 5:15 am and we should reach a high of 26' later this afternoon. Of course it may be the hot humid sticky weather we all hate but we just have to think back to February when we had blizzards three weekends in a row and that should put things into the proper perspective!

My cold is still hanging on but I was feeling much better on Wednesday so I was able to get some grass cut. Hopefully I can do some more tonight. It was wet and drizzly yesterday so that wasn't an option last night.  With the dreary weather we've had everyone is really looking forward to a few days of nice temperatures that are supposed to extend into the weekend. Bring it on!

No real plans for the weekend. I will try to get the push mower started so I can do the trimming around the trees and stuff like that.

GREAT NEWS: As I'm sitting here typing this, a humming bird just flew up to the window and stopped for a moment then flew off. They're back! I have my hummingbird feeders out and washed and ready to hang but not yet made the food. I'm going to have to do that right away so I can get those in place.  That is one of my favorite things about summer here - watching those delightful little birds come up to my window.

I must share this little story. A number of months ago, I mentioned that a woman in Ontario had stumbled across my blog and was following it. They've built a summer home here on the island and eventually will retire to it. In the meantime it's pretty much finished and they are renting it out for the summers.  There are a lot of eerie coincidences in our lives and it recently got even more peculiar. She had posted a picture out of a magazine of what she hopes to make the dining area of her house look like. When I saw the photo on her blog I almost fell off my chair. It was taken from a magazine about 4 years ago and I had saved the exact same picture.  I found it around the time we bought this house and the layout of the room in the photo is my kitchen! It's a very cottagey look and I would still love to do it here once I have somewhere else to put a bigger dining table (which may come sooner than I thought, but that's another plan). Her name is Patti (coincidence #1) and she'll be on the island in June. I can't wait to meet her but it will seem a bit odd to meet when we know so much about each other and yet have never met.  

No comments:

Post a Comment