Monday, May 27, 2013

Monday, May 27th - not such a bad weekend after all

It's a cool 8' this morning and although it's not raining right now, it has been recently as everything outside is still very wet. We may see more showers later this afternoon with our high of 10'.  A couple more days like this and then it should warm up a bit by mid week.'

Lloyd made it to Ontario but not without incident. Turns out he got a puncture in the new tire he just had put on before he left. After having a bit of trouble finding a place that was willing to plug the hole for him, he continued on his way - in the rain and the wind. Needless to say not the nicest of trips but hopefully he'll have better weather soon, as the bike is his only means of transportation while he's there.  But I'm sure he'll manage.

It rained here on Saturday so I really didn't mind working. It was a really busy morning so it went by quickly. By the time I left to go home the rain had stopped but it was still quite windy and cool. I poked around town and made a few stops, had some lunch at Subway and ended up getting home around 5:00.  Because I'd already eaten I could get to work straight away on the quilt I've been working on and by 8:15 on Saturday night it was all finished. All it needed then was to be washed and dried and it's ready to go to it's new home. There are a couple of little errors but overall I'm pleased with the results and I think the new parents will appreciate that it comes form the heart and not the store.


Sunday morning I woke up around 6:00 to bright sunny skies. Unfortunately they didn't last long and before long it was clouded over. It had rained in the night and everything was pretty wet.  Brenda called to advise that Bernie had gone into town for coffee on his bike but he was the only one there. After a trip up along the north shore he was back home again.  He suggested that she call her friend and he would take us both out for breakfast after church. So I did a bit of tidying up and they picked me up around 10:30. We headed out to Cardigan. It's a busy spot on a Sunday morning but we managed to time it just right.  By the time we finished eating, the sun had come back out again but it was still rather windy. Brenda had been the bus driver at a wedding of some friends of Will's the day before and she didn't get home until 2:00 am. Needless to say she was going home to have a little nap and then maybe a little bike ride. I had been yawning all morning as well and thought I might have a nap too but after changing into old clothes, the sun was shining and I decided to spend some time outside. It was the perfect day for puttering outside in the yard. The sun was shining most of the time and the temperature wasn't too hot. It was a bit breezy but not too bad and miracle of miracles - there were absolutely no bugs around. I think it's that one day between black fly season and mosquito season. It was wonderful to be out all day and not have to bathe in bug repellent to do so.

I went inside around 5:00 and made myself something to eat and that was about it for the rest of the night. I had a hot bath and read my book later in the evening and headed off to bed early. I think I've come down with a cold as I was coughing all day Saturday and by Sunday evening my nose was quite congested so I had a nice hot lemon drink and headed off to bed.

I did get a call late in the afternoon from James. It seems they were on their way to Rockwood Conservation Area to take his kayak for it's maiden voyage. I was hoping to get some pictures in my email this morning but I'll have to wait till Wednesday to share that with you. Hope they had fun. They were taking fishing equipment with them so that they could fish as well as kayak.

1 comment: