Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday, May 10th - bring on the rain

It's currently 13' at 5:30 this morning heading for a high of18' later. We should get a little bit of rain but we really do need a full day or two of nice gentle steady rain. It's much too early in the season to be this dry. Not a lot is forecast over the next couple of days but hopefully by the beginning of the week we may get some. It does impede work on the garage roof and things in there will get all wet again, but we really do need the rain.

Well, it's been an exciting couple of days for me at least.

I'm going to see Paul McCartney--- again !!!



I knew that he was playing on the Plains of Abraham on July 23rd but I had decided that after the concert two years ago at Yankee Stadium that nothing else could come close. But Pre-Sale of tickets was going to start on Wednesday at 11:00 our time. I told myself all morning that I really didn't need to go, but then as 11:00 got closer, I couldn't stop myself from going in and at least checking out the price. Well, you know what happened. I was placed in a queue and I thought, good, I'll never get in so the decision will be made for me. But a couple of minutes later a new screen came up and asked me how many tickets I would like to purchase - DUH - of course I need at least 2. No idea who might go with me but what the heck. So I was a pretty happy camper for the remainder of the day.

I had texted Brenda to see if she might be interested and I can't believe it, but she's going to go with me.

Last night we got together and did a little advance planning. We (well, I) decided that it might be fun to camp out. I found a camp ground in the area that has space available and Brenda being the good sport that she always is, has agreed. She had some great ideas too and suggested we could take a more scenic route and tour around the Gaspe area on the way. Wonderful as I've never been there. Then we'll work our way to Quebec City in time for the show. We plan to get there on Monday sometime so we can set up camp, and then be ready for Tuesday. Then we'll have to drive straight back on Wednesday. Of course, those plans could change if it buckets down rain but we'll just play it by ear. If nothing else, we are flexible!





With all this nice weather we've been having, I couldn't resist the temptation to eat supper outside on Wednesday. This was of course, precipitated by a power outage - the second one this week. Power was off when I got home but fortunately for me I had planned supper in advance and it didn't require the stove (although I could have used the stove top). I had put some pork chops in the slow cooker in the morning with some sliced onions and some BBQ sauce. They had simmered all day long so were done by the time we lost the lights. When I got home I shredded the pork and mixed it back in with the onions and some of the sauce. I spread it on half of some large wraps, topped with some grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese and some chives fresh out of the garden. Then I put them on the BBQ to get toasty and hot. With a little Caesar Salad they were pretty darn good. I had suggested that we heat outside at the picnic table but it didn't work quite as well as I'd hoped.

 It was lovely and warm but the black flies have arrived so that made for a lot of swatting. I'm guessing the screened dining tent will be going up sooner rather than later - until I get my upper balcony functioning that is.

It was brought to my attention on Wednesday that I had mentioned the new bee hives but forgot to include the photo so here it is - still without bees at this point.



No comments:

Post a Comment