Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday, May 17th - glad I'm not camping on THIS long weekend

It's a breezy 9' this morning that feels more like 6' and that's as good as it's going to get today. Tomorrow will be a high of 6' and rain for most of the weekend. In some ways I'm a little happy because it will justify the fact that my lawn hasn't gotten cut yet. It's getting a little shaggy and may be totally out of control when we get back on Monday.  The plus side is, if the weather isn't great  I won't be feeling guilty all weekend about the outside work I should be getting done.

We're heading off this afternoon to travel to Cape Breton to  attend a wedding there on Saturday. It will be nice to get away for a few days, even if the weather is going to be pretty crappy there as well.
We're catching the 6:30 ferry and will stay at a B&B in Antigonish then head to Sydney tomorrow morning, where we are checking into another B&B there.  Then we'll come straight back on Monday.

Lloyds bees arrived on Wednesday evening. They are in two small boxes that are now sitting one on top of each hive. It's hard to imagine that there are close to 15,000 bees in each box. They've been sitting there since Wednesday so they could relax after their long trip. Today they get put into the hives. Bernie is coming over to watch that process but I suspect it will be from a distance. I suggested to Lloyd that Bernie could be the official photographer. I wonder how many stings Lloyd will have by the end of the day! Hopefully not too many.

Not much else going on because the weather has been cold and damp all week long. The shingles are making a bit of progress but again, that cold and wet weather  has made it difficult. Hopefully next week will be better and it will get finished. It will be easier to start on the inside once the roof is nicely covered to keep out the elements.

James and I have been texting back and forth since he got his new phone. I know he could have texted before on his ipod but this is new and exciting technology I suppose. I have to admit I'm enjoying keeping in touch with the texts, and the conversation we had a couple of days ago really made me laugh a number of times!

Brenda and Marlene came over on Wednesday evening to work on a display board for a church project and it turned out quite nicely. We had a lovely evening all working together on it. I did the lettering for the words they wanted to use while they placed everything and made sure they were securely stuck down.

So, that's it for today but there won't be a post on Monday until the evening when I get back.
Have a great long weekend and if you're somewhere with even slightly warmer weather, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment