Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday, June 7th - hello from Ontario

It's a bit overcast this morning and looks like rain but with any hope at all, it won't materialize. We have a busy day planned of kayaking, fishing and picnicking, company BBQ and dance recital - nothing too serious!

I arrived on schedule at 6:10 on Wednesday afternoon and was promptly met by Patti. We headed back to Guelph to meet Lloyd and Jim at the restaurant for supper and we were surprised to get there before they did. Our reservation was for 7:30 and it was 10:00 when we left. A delicious meal and a lovely evening was enjoyed by all. When we got to Patti's the kids were still all up so it was a little while before we all got to bed. I slept with Meghan that night and Greg's mom, Lynne, bunked in with Tristen.

Friday morning James and I were both up at 6:30 in order to meet Lloyd at Jim's by 7:00. James wanted to see the progress in the airplane before we drove Lloyd to the airport. He was suitably impressed when he got to push the button that started up the propeller. It's certainly a more impressive sight than it was the last time I'd seen it when it was still in pieces.

Looking pretty spiffy!


Concentration as the propeller is about to start turning


One happy boy

The happy crew with his new hat

After dropping Lloyd off at the airport (the bigger one) James and I stopped on airport road for some breakfast. Then it was back to Guelph and time to drop him off at school. He was there by 10:00 so not so late. I got back to Patti's as she and Lynne were planting flowers in the pots out front.

After a cup of tea, we headed out to lunch at Shoeless Joe's. There were six of us altogether - Patti, Lynne, Nancy, Katy, Carol and me. We had a lovely time in spite of the fact not everyone knew each other. Patti and Lynne had taken one car and I took the other so they could leave in a decent time. I on the other hand managed to leave by 3:00. It was really nice to get together and rehash some old times and catch up on current times. I'm really glad we were able to get together.

After getting home it was time to pick up the kids. Lynne got them at school and after a snack I took Tristen to his Karate class. Lynne, Patti and Greg headed off to the recital. When Karate was over Tristen and I headed to the mall to walk around and check out the lego displays at the book store. We had some supper at the food court and then after the book store we had to hurry home so he could build the little Star Wars set I'd bought for him. But first we had to stop at the grocery store to pick up some supplies we needed for our picnic later today. The kids are off school so it's going to be a kid day today and it should be fun if the weather cooperates.

I was in touch with my friend Jana who will be in town today and tomorrow. The company summer BBQ is this evening starting at 5:00 so I'll be able to attend for a little while before I go to the recital. The timing couldn't have been better.

Have a great weekend everyone and I'll see you back on the island come Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment