Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday, September 20th - A girls night out

The summer weather just keeps on coming. Wednesday and yesterday were  absolutely gorgeous days. The temperatures hovered around 22 to 23' but it felt much warmer in the sun. Looks like today might be substantially cooler -  currently 13' at 5:00 am but we will only go up to 14' this afternoon-  but we should be back into the warmer temperatures and sun for the weekend.

Wednesday evening I had a lovely time over at our friend Linda's cottage. She and her friend Joyce have been here for a couple of weeks now, and are leaving on Saturday to head back to Ontario.The cottage is quite secluded and when I arrived after work, and having a glass of wine, the sun was just setting. This is the view from the living room


 Lloyd and I were invited for supper with them on Wednesday but, unfortunately, Lloyd had to miss it as he's in Guelph. I was treated to BBQ steak, baked potatoes done on the BBQ, baby carrots, Caesar Salad and for dessert, Peach and Blueberry Buckle. Everything was delicious and we washed it all down with beer and/or wine, depending on your preference. Linda's going to send me the recipe for the dessert, as it was really nice. When I get it, I'll share.



I told Lloyd about our lovely evening and he suggested that we didn't even miss him. I told him we did discuss the fact that too bad he wasn't there ..


...we could have used a dish washer!


I know he would have enjoyed himself as well, but we just had to make do with just the three of us girls.

Thursday was yet another beautiful day. I talked to Lloyd and the flying is going well. There's been a little bit of necessary de-bugging of the plane but that was to be expected.  Little things but for the most part, the fellow who is doing the initial flying, is very, very pleased with it and the way it handles. I'm still waiting on pictures...

Meghan was to go over after school Thursday to be there when Lloyd put the sticker on the side. It's her work and she wanted to be part of the process. I'm sure there will be photo's tomorrow. The sticker turned out really well and Lloyd's very impressed with the final result. Here she is, finally, Little Miss Guided!


 I think 11 year old Meghan, did a pretty awesome job recreating this from a tiny picture Lloyd found.I can't wait to see it on the plane. She's going to be very proud of herself, and rightly so.
Speaking of Meghan, I received this picture last night and I can tell it's her by those cute little freckles!


The caption read "guess who got their ears pierced?" ( I hoped it wasn't James or Tristen)

Tonight, Brenda and I are taking in a Fall Flavours event in Summerside. It should be fun and she's probably ready for a break as they've been harvesting all week, taking advantage of the nice weather. Details to follow on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment