Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday, September 18th - It flies!!!

At least that was the two word message that was left on my answering machine when I got home last night. I talked to Lloyd later and yes, it does indeed fly. Unfortunately they had only put a little bit of fuel into it and didn't have access to more, so they were only able to do little crow hops, as he called them, but the plan is to get her into the sky today, if the weather cooperates.


Our weather here will be pretty near perfect - going from the 11' we have this morning to a high of 19/20' and sunshine later today. Hopefully they'll have some of the same in the Guelph area today. No pictures to share with you yet, but I'm sure I'll be receiving some soon. He was one happy camper when I spoke with him last night.



Last night was our first dance class. I've been wanting to sign up for some kind of exercise and Brenda and I both signed up for Step Dancing Classes. Our instructor is a young fellow who lives close to Mount Stewart and he's teaching at a Yoga Studio on University Avenue in town. There were four in our class last night but I think one of the girls is moving to another group so that will just leave three of us. It's a bit of a learning curve and it's going to require a fair bit of practice to get anywhere but hopefully it will come. It was quite a work out and the hour went by very quickly.  He taught us a lot of steps last night and we may have to get him to slow down a bit until we get proficient at each new step.  The amount we learned was a lot to take in all at once, but then again, maybe I'm just not as quick a learner as I used to be. I need to find some tap shoes as well, or at least some shoes with hard soles.  It's hard to get a feel for the steps without the sound.But we will get there - I have a goal in mind but I'm not sharing that at this time!

Tonight I'm having supper with Linda and Joyce. They called on Monday to invite Lloyd and I over on Tuesday but I had to decline because of our class. I also told them that Lloyd was in Guelph, which was a bit disappointing as he was meant to do something with Linda's computer when he went over. They just get me instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment