Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday, September 4th - Happy Birthday Greg!

It's a quite warm 19' at 5:00 am that feels more like 26'. It has rained, pretty much for the past 24 hours but it's stopped at the moment. We may go up to 21' and more rain will likely fall today but not the amounts we received yesterday. It was a pretty rainy day all day but had pretty much stopped by the time I left work to go home. My garden will have gotten a thorough soaking for sure.

Now that I have the correct date in my calendar, I must wish son-in-law Greg a very Happy Birthday. I'm fairly certain there was ice cream cake on the weekend to be shared with the other birthday boy. Hope it was a great time with your family.

Happy Birthday Greg

Monday was a little more productive than Sunday was. I made some biscuits for breakfast, while my bread dough was made and rising. After breakfast I had some sewing to do and quickly got that out of the way. 


Once the bread was finished I made a ham and cheddar quiche for lunch. Of course, it was really nice to go out to the garden and pick nice fresh lettuce for the salad to go with it.  By the time the quiche was baked, and we had  a late lunch, it was almost time to get ready to go over to the Rec Centre- again. It was a busy weekend for everyone there. I stayed a little later chatting with some of the ladies. The dishes weren't done yet but the ones we needed to do by hand were all done. The rest were being put through the dish washer but our work was done so Brenda headed out as she still had company. I got home around 10:30 so it wasn't as late as we thought it might be.

Tuesday was the first day of school for our guys in Ontario but here the kids don't go back until Thursday - good news for bus driver Brenda who had the day with Meghan before she left in the afternoon to fly back to Toronto. What a wicked day it was - bucketing down rain for most of it. I was glad I had  my lunch with me and didn't need to go out at noon. Today should be a little better - not so much rain expected, but you just never know.

Patti sent me a text message to advise that the kids all made it off to their first day of school. This is Meghan's last year at Montessori so next year all three will be at different schools. That should prove a bit of a challenge at times.  Patti said that James was amazed to realize that he was now in grade 8 - buddy, you should see it from this side!

September 11th will be coming up really soon - the day the chickens will be landing in the freezer. We were checking out the used ads online on Monday afternoon and came across an ad for a freezer for sale. I had been looking at new ones on Saturday afternoon before coming back from town but hadn't made any decisions. Then suddenly there was one online, that had only been posted a couple of hours before. So off to town with the car and the trailer. Now there's a medium sized freezer out in the garage just waiting for said birds. Guess I have no excuses for not having bread in the freezer anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment