Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday, December 13th - will this be a lucky day?

Friday the 13th  - It may or not be lucky but it will surely be cold! That's pretty much all that's new today. It was frightfully cold yesterday and continues on into today. It's currently -16' at 5:30 am  that feels more like -23'. Can't wait to drag the garbage bin to the end of the lane! Better dress warmly for that. But it will warm up to -8' later that will still feel like -15'. Oh well, it is winter (well, technically, not yet) and this is Canada...

One of the fellows at work yesterday commented that this is middle of January weather , not December. The up side is it should warm up on Sunday - when we get our 15 to 20 cms of snow.  We'll have to see what happens.  I suppose it's better to get this weather now instead of over the holidays. Won't be good for those driving to holiday destinations.  Patti and Greg are considering driving out so,  if they do, hopefully, the weather will cooperate.  It would also be nice to not have such cold weather when the guys help Bernie put the tarp back on his barn over the holidays.

Not much else is new. Lloyd left Toronto yesterday to fly to Ottawa to spend a few days with his brother Dennis. Then it's back home on Sunday - as long as the pending storm doesn't interfere with flights.

I'm still puttering away at getting the house in order. It's coming along and you can actually see some progress. The big challenge has been keeping the house warm. When there's no one here for 11 hours it tends to get pretty chilled. It certainly was last night when I got home. I was a bit late - around 6:15 as I had an appointment right after work for my flu shot. Now that I've gotten it, I don't anticipate getting sick again around the holidays. One of the girls as work has been really sick but still coming to work so I've been trying to stay well away from here. Certainly don't want a repeat of last year when I was sick the entire holiday.

I'll continue with my cleaning efforts tonight, and hopefully tomorrow. I've asked for the next two Saturday's off and hopefully I'll get them. I still haven't done any baking yet but my plan is to do some next week. I can bake one batch of cookies each evening while Lloyd is sleeping. That way they will be all finished and put away before he gets up for work. Not quite so tempting for him. After his visit away I'm sure he'll be wanting to get his eating back on track. I know I need to. I don't do well when I don't have him here to look after me! He's right - a bowl of vegetables for supper isn't great - not when said vegetables are in the form of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment