Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday, December 11th - a disappointing week for Lloyd

I'm not sure what the weather is in Ontario this morning, but it's a cold and windy one out here.  The temperature at 5:15 is -7 with a wind chill of -16 and that's pretty much where it's going to stay. It was much nicer yesterday morning when it hovered around 0. There were a couple of inches of nice new snow and no wind. It was a beautiful morning. This morning, not so much!

Poor Lloyd has had a disappointing trip. He had hoped to be able to fly his plane, something he hasn't yet had the opportunity to do. Unfortunately it's having some sort of mechanical problems and they're having trouble figuring out what it is. I guess they finally gave up yesterday and I heard via the grapevine that they've put it away for the winter. I know he's extremely disappointed and very frustrated right now.  But spring will come and they'll get it fixed and it will all be good.

Did I mention that in just 10 days from now, it will be the shortest day of the year? And did I also mention that after that, the days will start getting longer? That can only mean one thing - spring in just around the corner, albeit a very wide corner, but around the corner just the same. After new years it will start to lighten up by the time I leave work so that's a good thing. I don't mind driving in a snow storm in the daylight nearly as much as I do driving in the dark in a blizzard.

Speaking of blizzards, it appears that we may be in for some snow on Sunday - maybe up to 20 cms.  But then again we were to get up to 15 cm yesterday and it really didn't amount to much so we'll just see. Hopefully if we do, it won't impact flights.

A quiet couple of days. I worked on the spare room on Monday night and now the rest of the house looks like a tornado passed through. The kitchen has a pile on the island that's going out to the garage so it looks much worse than it is (says she optimistically). We had our dance class last night so nothing got done but tonight I can get back to it. With Lloyd due back on Sunday, I have a deadline - good thing I work best under pressure!


No comments:

Post a Comment