Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday, December 4th - could be an interesting weather day today

It's a very blustery, rainy 2' at 5:15 am but it's feeling more like -6 with the heavy winds. It's likely to drop to 0' later, with a wind chill of -9. We have a rainfall warning for this morning, and a wind warning, with gusts up to 100 km/hr. Add to that mix the possibility of 5 to 10 cm of snow and it could be a very interesting day before it's over. No worries, we'll just deal with it.  I may throw my snow tires in the back of the car this morning and see if they can squeeze me in later this afternoon. It might be time.

It was a busy night here on Monday as Brenda moved stuff from the house and I put the baskets away. I sorted some but there still needs to be some fine tuning. It still looks like a large amount of stuff to move but it's not really that bad. I spent some time yesterday putting it all into one pile and it's manageable. We didn't do anything last night as it was just way too mucky outside. Tonight's not looking too great either. No problem, I can set about doing a bit more sorting upstairs and hopefully we can move a bit more later in the week. I'm hopeful we can move the loom on the weekend and that will be the last piece of the puzzle. It's such a great space, I hate to come in once I get out there. So, once again, thank you Lloyd!

I have to tell you about the picture. A couple of weeks ago, an elderly lady came into the dealership and asked if I was the lady who lives in Pisquid. When I said yes, she turned to her husband and said "Go to the car".  She's the sister of one of the previous owners, and her brother had said she might have some old photos of the house. Well, did she have a picture! It's a large, framed, hand coloured aerial photo of the property taken in 1967. That doesn't seem so long ago, but when you do the math, it was 46 years ago. How did I get so old?  I was a teenager of 15 in that year. Anyway, there have been a LOT of changes in that 46 years, although the house still looks exactly the same, except for the colour of the roof. It's amazing to see what was on this property not so long ago. Wish it was all still here.(on the other hand, if all those buildings were still here, I wouldn't have my amazing craft space, so I guess everything does happen for a reason).

 I'm so grateful to her for giving it to me - it's a priceless artifact to have. The funniest part of the whole thing? There's a tractor sitting in the shadow in front of the barn (if you click on the photo, it enlarges) and it looks exactly like the tractor that now lives here! Probably the same vintage!


1 comment:

  1. I'll try again with a comment on the right day. The CBC keeps giving us weather reports of your winter blast from Charlottetown. I for one wish we had some snow here. The green grass just doesn't cut it in December. We don't even get the lake effect snow in this area. Oh well we still have 3 weeks to get some for a White Christmas. Enjoy your snow days.

    ReplyDelete