Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday, October 10th - what a day of coincidences.

Conditions at 5:30 am: 10' and very bright with a brilliant full moon
Expected later: 14' and sunny - a little cooler than the last few days but still pretty pleasant

Well, what a day it was on Thursday. If I was into astrology, I'd be claiming that all the stars were in alignment.  First of all, in the morning on my way to work, they mentioned the date and I realized it would have been John Lennon's birthday. You've got to love a day that starts off right away with the Beatles!  (okay, maybe not everybody would, but...)
Then when I got to work, there were two old LP's sitting on my desk. For those of you who don't know what that is, look it up online. I'm sure there's a Wikipedia description for what they are and what they were used for!
One was "Help" which I used to have, and the other was an old one I'd not seen, or heard of before, with old recordings of the early band in Hamburg, Germany from 1962. From what I understand, the quality is terrible, and the songs are all covers, no original Beatles music, but my gosh, what a find for a die hard fan. 

One of the salesmen at work in moving and was going through some old albums and decided I might like to have these. I have another Beatles album that Patti bought for me on one of her trips overseas that I've not listened to, as I don't have a turntable anymore. No worries. I decided to check the Michael's website because I was pretty sure you can buy frames to hang things like this on the wall.

Wouldn't you know, they have just the thing. But here's where it got even more weird - they have a pack of 3 - just the number I needed. Then when I looked for coupons online, I found a 50% off one, that expired that very day.
 
The music gods were truly watching down on me yesterday.   So now the three albums I do own, are framed and ready to claim a spot out in the craft room, with all the other paraphernalia that's cluttering up the walls out there.  It was a great day!

Things are progressing for our catering functions as well. So far I've baked 91 butter tarts and 88 cupcakes. Just a few more dozen and I'll be done.  Still things to do but I have three days ahead  of me. Tonight there's a wedding at the Rec Centre so that will be out of the mix, but then I have all weekend.


Brenda is away in Toronto. She sent me a photo where they were having lunch - at Casa Loma.  I think it's going to be a great few days for her and Meghan. She was wondering if any of our guys were up there, as there were some Toyota guys around and judging from the large promotional sign, they must have been having some sort of meeting. But, alas, none of our guys were there. All were present and accounted for here on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment