Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday, October 27th - gosh, where did this month go??

Conditions at 5:30 am: very windy with heavy rain, and a temperature of 8' that's feeling more like 5'
Expected later: more wind and rain and a high of 8" that's only going to feel like 3'

But I suppose the up side is, it's not snowing, unlike other parts of the country.  It was a pretty quiet weekend at the Denny residence.  I was still feeling rather poorly on Saturday, which ticked me of no end. I hated to waste my Saturday off, by sleeping most of the day. But unfortunately that's what I did. In retrospect perhaps I should have stayed home on Friday and slept all day, then perhaps I would have felt better on Saturday. Oh well, you know what they say about hindsight being 20/20. 

Fortunately I felt considerably better on Sunday, maybe not 100% but much improved. I did actually manage to get a few things done around the house so at least the whole weekend wasn't a total loss.

Lloyd is working the afternoon shift all week so I plan to get busy and do some long overdo work around the house.  I'm sorely tempted to spend these evenings out in the craft room but that will have to wait. 

He spent a fair bit of the weekend out in the garage. He's currently building storage cabinets for tools etc. and they're coming along nicely. We plan to have a little get together out in the garage with some food and perhaps a beverage or two for those folks who so generously donated their time, expertise or equipment to help finish the project. We certainly couldn't have done it without their help. So yesterday we decided on a date because there's nothing like a deadline to push things along! Of course Lloyd will be away for the long weekend so that will make it slightly more difficult but no one will be expecting everything to be done. But it will be somewhat presentable by then (at least that's the plan!).  Invitations will be forthcoming very soon for those involved, and you all know who you are!
Statue at Paddington Station

 I talked to Patti on Saturday and she was off to jolly old London, England that evening. She planned to take
James with her. Now that he can fly by himself she can take him along. There are some war museums there that he'd love to visit. (I'll bet she'll wish she'd taken her mom along instead - I'm a much better shopper than James is likely to be!).  Only glitch in the plan is he would have to make his way through customs on his own as the crew are required to go through another area. But if anyone can find his way around an airport, it will be James.  Hopefully they're having a good time, although they will be heading back home today. Better to learn about a city in person than reading about it in a geography class.  This will be his second visit, as he and I accompanied Patti when he was five, I think. He was deeply into knights at that time so we took him to visit Windsor Castle.  He had his picture taken with the statue of Paddington Bear at Paddington Station. He thinks he needs an updated one, so I know that's on his list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment