Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday, October 24th - only two months to Christmas Eve!

Conditions at 5:10 am: it was indeed a dark and stormy night! Right now it's very windy, raining and 10' that's feeling more like 6' because of that wind

Expected later: and for the next few days - rain, rain and more rain with a high later today of 13'

Not a lot to report since Wednesday. I was feeling a little under the weather on Wednesday and things didn't improve. So much so that I actually stayed home on Thursday. I slept most of the day - what a waste of a lovely mild and sunny day off work. But as Lloyd says, that's what sick days are supposed to be for. This morning is slightly better, though I'm still not quite up to snuff.  One more day should do it, I hope. There's a function at the Rec Centre tonight and a wedding tomorrow night. I really don't think I'll make the one tonight but hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and can help out at the wedding.

The one good thing about being ill, is when I do wake up, I'm getting caught up on some reading. I have lots stored on my Kobo as well as several books to finish and pass on to Brenda, so I suppose there is a silver lining to all of this. The wet weather is supposed to continue over the weekend so I'm hoping to maybe bake a batch of bread (something that is sadly overdue) and perhaps spend some quality time out in the craft room. I've been much too busy lately to spend any time out there and I'm looking forward to getting back to a few projects that are patiently waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment