Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday, August 21st - welcome home Lloyd

It's 19' at 5:15 this morning and we are expected to reach a high of 26' later that's going to feel more like 35' - okay, summers not done just yet. Tomorrow might be even warmer. What great beach weather for those still on vacation!

Lloyd made it home safe and sound yesterday. It seems he left or lost his phone somewhere. He got to Kingston, ON when he realized he didn't have it. He may have left it in Guelph or he may have lost it along the way somewhere so I had no idea where he was. When I got back from lunch yesterday I called the house to leave a message and he answered. He'd just been home around 15 minutes so that was good timing. I wasn't at work when he went by so he didn't stop in. A safe and uneventful trip - the best kind on a motorcycle.

I had spent the past week cleaning and organizing my pantry and all he could say was "Holy organized!" He was duly impressed. Now we just have to make sure we keep it that way.



After supper he went out to feed and inspect the chickens and check out the garden. Some things didn't grow and I didn't replant them, although I suppose I should have. But those things that are growing seem to be doing well.


The cabbages are filling in quite nicely. Something has been munching on the outer leaves but the inside seems to be doing well


We only had two bean plants so there were enough beans for one meal  -
sorry Lloyd but you missed it


I thing I'm going to have lots and lots of tomatoes


The swiss chard is doing nicely - we've been eating some of that already - fresh out of the garden with butter and salt and pepper - YUMMM

The cucumbers and squash seem to be doing well too.

There are some things we'll do slightly differently next year but for our first time, we're pretty happy with it. There are also some onions and turnips. The turnips are still quite small but I may harvest some of those on the weekend and give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment