Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday, August 27th - Greetings all around

It's a calm, clear 16' this morning with a thick blanket of fog on the river.

We should reach a balmy 23' later that's going to feel more like 29' so it should be a warm one this afternoon.

A couple of belated greetings to go out this morning. First, a big Happy Birthday to granddaughter Meghan who turned 11 years old yesterday. I tried calling last night but they were either out or busy having a great time. I know she had some friends staying over so I imagine it was party central at their place last night.

The birthday girl enjoying an ice cream cone


Looking a little more elegant
The birthday girl in costume at this years dance recital
The other greetings go out to our friends Fran and Walt. They had a big BBQ this past weekend to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I would have loved to have gone but it just wasn't feasible at this time of year - especially with all the trouble Lloyd had traveling a couple of weeks ago! I've also used up all my holiday time for this year so getting stuck up in Ontario wasn't really an option. Hope all went well and everyone had a great time.

Speaking of BBQ's, there's one out here in our area tonight. Only on PEI !  Our local MP, who has held the position for over 20 years, is having a free gathering at his house tonight. He lives just down the highway a piece. He's invited everyone to come on out and have a bit of fun, something to eat and just generally get together. One of tonight's guests will be the leader of the party - that's right - Justin Trudeau will be hanging out at Lawrence's house along with  all the rest of the locals. Like I said, only on PEI!

Not much else going on. We were treated to supper at the VanGaals on Monday evening. Lloyd called and told me he was there, so supper wasn't ready yet - could I get something started when I got home? Not to worry, I knew just what to make - reservations at Brenda's! After he called, she called and suggested that since half of us was already there, I might as well join them. Made perfect sense to me. So many thanks for a lovely supper and a nice evening - again!

And finally  - Patti, this one is for you. I was putting out the garbage the other morning and I actually noticed the label on the side - ( she'll understand and it will only make sense to her!) Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. ooops - I should have specified daughter Patti - that's way too funny because it will mean absolutely nothing to you! When my Patti was little she went to french immersion from kindergarten to grade 8. My french is virtually non-existent. I used to refer to the garbage can as le garbage and she would get really annoyed and say "NO MOM, it's la poubelle, NOT le garbage". I don't think I'd ever seen the word written down until the other day I actually noticed it on the side of the container so I thought she might get a laugh out of it. I'll have to be more specific in the future. haha - have a great day and see you really soon

    ReplyDelete