Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday, August 30th - it sure feels like summer is over this morning

As my alarm was going off, I could hear the wind howling outside in the dark - it's way too early for this. It's not really that cold - 15' that feels more like 13' but it seems colder because of the wind. Of course the bedroom window is open so it was nice and toasty under the covers. It's definitely beginning to feel a bit like fall. It might be wet off and on today and reach a high of 18' but it will feel more like 22' so that's not really so bad. Hopefully the weekend is nice.

Meghan (1) is visiting the island - she was due to arrive around midnight last night. Let's hope there's at least one beach day in there for her to enjoy so Welcome Home Meg!

No big plans for the weekend. Lloyd is going to an auction on Saturday morning that I considered going to. I checked out the website and decided there's not a single thing there that interests me so I'm going to work instead. I had asked if I could take Saturday off but we're short a couple of salesmen so it's better if I'm there. Not to worry - I'll still have Sunday and Monday.  We have two functions at the Rec Centre this weekend - Saturday night and Monday night so we'll be busy that way.  Other than that we'll just see what comes and what we feel like doing.

I talked to Patti and the kids the other night and Meghan had a great time on her birthday. She had three friends stay over so it was a busy place. Tristen's birthday is on Monday so he'll likely be at the cottage. They're heading out there today sometime. It might be rainy but James is planning to take his kayak and his fishing gear - just in case.  Hopefully the weather cooperates for their last weekend of summer.

Patti picked up the sticker for Lloyd's airplane. The planes name is "Little Miss Guided" and he had found a tiny picture of a girl on a rocket of some sort. He commissioned Meghan (2) to reproduce it into a size that would fit on the airplane. She drew it and coloured it in and did a pretty nice job on it. That was taken to the sign shop but it still needed a bit of work. I've tried to insert a copy of it here but it's a PDF so it won't allow that. We'll have to try something else later.

Once it was done it was digitized and made into a sticker. I haven't seen the final product but apparently it turned out amazing. Lloyd had promised to compensate her if she did a good job - now he's happily going to pay up.  He told her he needed an invoice so she sent one by email the other night - it's pretty cute and we'll certainly have to keep it. It's definitely scrapbook material.

Okay, on that note I'm going to sign off as I really have nothing else to report on - see you on Monday and have a great long end of summer weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment