Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday, October 11th - I think lunches were a success

It's been a lovely few days. We had a high yesterday of 19' in the sunshine and it was wonderful. Good thing because they were replacing one of the big windows at work. They had to take out two of the large ones and four of the smaller ones on top to do the job and they were out all day. In fact they still were not back in in by the time I left at 5:00 so it was a long day for those guys.


It's a chilly 8' this morning so hopefully it was replaced last night. We should go up to 15 or 16' later with some cloud so it won't be quite as nice but still nothing to complain about.

By all accounts, lunch at work was a success. Yesterday morning at 7:58 one of the salesmen came by and asked "Is Lloyd here yet?"  Then a little later another stopped by and asked what's for lunch today?  At 11:30, the time Lloyd usually had the place smelling pretty darn good, the business manager came to my desk, pointed at his watch, and stated "It's 11:30 - how come I'm not smelling anything cooking yet?"
I think they were pleased with their meals. That makes us happy.

Other than that, not much is new here. I don't usually decorate for fall but decided to do a tiny bit this year. With a little help from my friend Brenda, I was able to acquire some straw bales and here's what I did with them, along with some locally grown pumpkins.



I have these set on either side of the driveway, down by the road. The farmer who supplied the straw wouldn't take any money for them so I've baked him some treats as a way of saying thanks. Hope he enjoys them.

No big plans for the long weekend but then our friends Charles and Laura called last night and invited us to have thanksgiving dinner  so that's really nice of them. Specially since we had the BBQ at their place last weekend. They don't have any family here either so it was nice of them to invite us. Their turkeys are being killed today but Lloyd thinks they're all sold so we will likely have chicken instead but that's okay, they're the homegrown variety, like ours. We bought ours from them in the summer.

Not much else is new, so better scoot and get ready for work so I can drop the treats off at the VanGaals. The generous straw fellow has been helping Bernie with the harvesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment