Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday, October 9th - Have I mentioned before how incredibly fortunate I am?

It was a chilly 4' this morning as I loaded up the car. It's only going up to 14' later but that's pretty seasonal, and it should be warmer tomorrow. The sun is shining and should stay that way all day.

It's been a busy few days doing the lunch for the crew at work. It's a lot of prepping and organizing to make sure everything is there when we need it to be. Monday and Tuesday went well and there's only today left to go. I tried to plan ahead as much as I could so that I could go to my dance class on Tuesday night. I worked until 6:30 and met Brenda at the studio. We had quite the work out. Neither of us had practiced at all this week because too many other things were going on so it was pretty much a practice session. We were both pretty tired and thirsty when we left.

We decided to try out the pulled pork sandwich at Mavors' - The Porkucino - and what a delicious choice it turned out to be.


We topped off the burger with a beverage and it was a great way to end our evening. We left and went our separate ways. I stopped in at the store on my way home and was surprised to see Brenda's car sitting in my yard when I got home. I went into the house and the tea was made, water was on to boil for pasta and she was grating carrots. I was absolutely flabbergasted. I had no idea she had planned to come over and I have to say, I was so grateful for all her help. It would have been a much later evening for me. I can't begin to imagine what my life would be like here without such a good friend. So once again, thank you Brenda, for seeming to always be there. You have no idea how much it's appreciated.

Not long after she left, Lloyd was up and getting ready to go off to work. So I had a little chat with him while he had a coffee before he had to leave. Yesterday was a long day for him before he got to sleep but he says he did well.  He had some sleep in the afternoon and then again after Bernie had left (he was here for leftover burgers). He needs to find something that he can do to keep his hands and his mind busy during the night. I'm sure over time he'll come up with something.

Okay, I'll keep it quick this morning as I have to get going. I waited till I got to work to do this post so better keep it short. See you on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment