Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday, October 25th - dare I say it - only two months to Christmas!

It's not feeling Christmas like yet but the wind howling over night certainly put you in mind of a cold December night. It's 6' this morning that's feeling more like 2' and we'll move on up to a high of 8' this afternoon but it's only going to feel like 4'. Wind will have that affect!

It's been a pretty quiet couple of days, really nothing new to report. I've been in talks with Patti and getting some ideas for Christmas gifts so that's a good start. In fact, one gift has already been purchased. So I can officially say I've started my Christmas shopping!!!

Lloyd is making progress on the garage. He's working on building the stairs this week. They aren't done yet but they are in the works. The panels that are going on the wall happen to be on sale this week so that will be the next big purchase. It's getting down to the crunch now - things are finally happening and I'm getting pretty excited about it. Now I'm able to plan what I'm going to do with my space. The other morning I was awake really early and as I lay there, ideas were coming into my head. So that afternoon I stopped by the new Kent store near the office. They just happen to have small beverage fridges on sale for a great price. They're 2.5 cubic feet of all fridge, no tiny, useless little freezer. I'm thinking that I can keep a jug of water, some juice (of the fermented grape variety!) or whatever in there. Then I also have an extra senseo coffee maker and a small electric kettle. With some coffee pods, tea bags, some mugs, a couple of wine glasses and a cork screw, I will be all set. Crafting can get to be pretty thirsty work sometimes - and we will be prepared!

No big plans for the weekend but I suspect we may spend some time working up there. It's that time of year - too cold to motorcycle or kayak, and not cold enough for snow. The perfect time to get some work done before winter. I think Lloyd is going to Ontario on the long weekend (we get remembrance day off here on the island)  so it would be nice to get as much done as possible before then but it's going to be here before we know it. I was kind of hoping I could spend that weekend slowly moving stuff up there, but I doubt that will be the case. I have to learn to be more patient!




No comments:

Post a Comment