Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, October 27th - the stairway to Heaven!

It's a chilly, but drier 5' this morning but it feels more like 1'. Good news it's going up to 7' later, but will only feel like 2'. However, the sun will shine and that will be just fine.

Those of us who grew up in the 60's and 70's know the phrase "Stairway to Heaven".  Now I can honestly say that I have my own "Stairway to Heaven" . It was a productive weekend and I can see results flying along.

On Friday afternoon, Lloyd came into town at the end of the day to pick up  the panels for the walls of my craft room.  It was timed just perfectly so that we could meet at Phinley's and give their pulled pork sandwich - The Big Bad Wolf -  a try. It was very good but VERY filling. Needless to say, our diets didn't do so well on Friday. Not to worry, Saturday is another day.


Early Saturday morning I met Lloyd after he was done his shift so we could check out flooring options. We ended up going with some pretty funky thick dense foam tiles. We'll see how they work out. Then when I got home from work later on, I spent some time cleaning up stairs while he worked downstairs. It was a sea of sawdust so a broom and dustpan went a long way to making it a little tidier.. The stair work had progressed to the point where he was ready to cut the hole in the floor upstairs  but it was getting a little too dark to really see what he was doing and there's not power up there yet. That should come later this week. Being as there was a chainsaw involved, it was best to leave it till morning.

Sunday morning dawned cool and very wet - not a great day to be doing anything fun outside, that's for sure. So it was back to stair building for Lloyd. Part way through the process he had to go to town to pick up more wood, and as he had to take the trailer, he also picked up the insulation needed. Now we have pretty much everything required to complete the job. By the time he got back and was just unloading his purchases, the VanGaals dropped by on their way out to supper, to check on progress. The stairs weren't all complete as yet but you could actually  walk up them if you were brave and had good balance. Let's face it, if Bernie could do it, we all could. On their way out, Brenda and I went up to check things out. I had shown her the fridge I purchased to put up there, and as we stood outside on the balcony, we contemplated just  how handy that fridge was going to be to keep our vodka and limeaid cold next summer! I'm fairly confident it's a space that's going to get well used - both inside and out.

Progress is quickly being made and I can hardly wait to get all my stuff moved out there and the house back into some semblance of order. 

1 comment: