Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday, October 21st - It looks like fall has officially arrived

It's a chilly 7' this morning that's feeling more like 4' and later we'll only reach a high of 10' but it will only feel like 7'. Time to get the warmer jackets out. It was coolish but very sunny on Saturday. When I got home from work Lloyd was working out in the garage and I cleaned the bunky. He has put hydro in there and a heater so now we have both heat and lights. (it even has a TV and  a VCR)  It's not been used for a long time so the flies had kind of taken over. He took everything out and I cleaned and swept and then we put things back inside. It's once again the cozy little home away from home that we remember. We had so many great vacations in that little place that it's still a joy to stay there. It's going to be a perfect place to sleep when the kids are visiting especially for Lloyd in the daytime. It's quiet and away from the house. We won't have to be tip toeing around all day while he tries to sleep. It's kind of a win/win for all of us.


Sunday was much cooler and I spent the morning working on some new place mats I'm making. I didn't have any plans to make placemats but I found this fall fabric when I was looking for something else and I just had to buy it. As Lloyd said, if you're going to make fall placemats, you'd better hurry up because fall is almost over! So that's what I worked on for part of the weekend. I should be able to finish them up tonight.  Then I can move the sewing machine and serger and all the rest of the stuff off the table. I really can't wait for my craft room to be finished!

Speaking of which, progress is being made. Lloyd was out there yesterday drilling the holes to run the wiring and had me decide where all the plugs and such were going to be going. Once that is done, then it will be on to the stairs and then the insulation and wall panels. I'm optimistic that I will be in there before the end of the year!  That would be great because I have several projects that I want to undertake and it will be wonderful to have a dedicated space to work. Now that Lloyd works nights, he usually goes to bed around 8:00 so I would have a couple of hours a night to work out there.  I might actually get caught up on my scrapbooking, sewing, weaving, etc. I can also see Brenda coming over and working on her books as well. We've both got lots of catching up to do. I'll also be able to practice my dancing up there as well without the noise waking Lloyd up - at least that's my excuse now. There will be no excuses later.

Sunday started out sunny but cool and Brenda and I contemplated going for a walk or something but instead we headed over to the Dunes for their end of the season sale. We've not been to it before but it seems to be a very popular event - the parking lot was jam packed with cars and there were lots of people everywhere. They certainly have an eclectic mix of merchandise. It started raining just as we got there and it was pouring shortly after we left so good thing we didn't head of to the trails or the woods for a walk after all. Then it was home to roast one of our chickens. We cooked one of the smaller ones - it was only 6 1/2 pounds! Our diets were doing really well until we had the dry crispy skin of the chicken to tempt both of us. Not to worry, today is another day. Back to it. Lloyd's lost over 20 pounds and he feels great. I've lost almost 10 so you can't really notice it but you sure can with Lloyd. His blood sugar levels are good and he's got more energy. It really is amazing how much of how we feel is tied to what we eat. 

While we were coming back to town yesterday Brenda was talking to her daughter, Meghan. She was sitting at the airport in Toronto after having gone through security. She was on her way to Rome, Italy. She's headed off on a tour of the country and is quite excited about it. She's gone with a tour group and doesn't know anyone there until she meets up with the group in Rome. It will be a real experience for her. I'm hoping she brings her photos with her when she comes to the island for Christmas. Have a great time Meg. I'll be watching for any visitors coming in from Italy - I'll assume she's found a little internet cafe somewhere when she needs to take a break from shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment