Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday, October 4th - now it feels like fall

After several very warm and sunny days, it's going to really feel like fall today. It's a windy 10' this morning and the temperature will only rise to 13' later on, that will feel like 10' with the wind. I've been working on getting my warmer clothes out of storage but with the warm temperatures the past few days it wasn't quite sweater weather yet.

A couple of nights ago I stepped outside to  let the dog out and the sky was absolutely beautiful as the sun was setting.


That's one of the best parts of living out in the middle of no where - the beautiful sunrises and sunsets off in the distance are so easily seen. And it's not always the sky that's creating the view. Wednesday evening Brenda called me and she was out working with Bernie. Then Bernie called back to talk to Lloyd. Turns out they were loading pig manure into a tanker truck across the river from us. I went outside with my binoculars and sure enough, there she was, standing up on top of the tank helping with the pumping of the ,liquid gold,. I have to say,  I hope Bernie realizes just how lucky he is to have a wife who's willing to climb up on top of a tanker truck to help pump shit! I can't see a lot of today's young wives willing to do that. I'm sure there are some, but most would find a job like that pretty much off limits. But not our Brenda, no, she's willing to just get in there and help get the job done. Several times I've passed her on the road driving a  tractor or whatever piece of farm equipment needs moved or delivered out to a field. I have so much respect for all the farm chores that she's willing and able to help with. I guess that's really all just part of being in the farming business but...

Lloyd's new job is going well. He's been able to sleep during the day so that's a good thing. He still needs to settle into a routine so that he has time to do stuff around the house as well. He's hoping to get to the point where he can work for a few hours when he gets home in the morning and then sleep for the day. But I'm sure it will work itself out. The job itself it good and he's happy with that. We'll see how the first weekend goes. I'll be at work in the morning so the house will be nice and quiet for him to sleep on Saturday mornng.

It's going to be a busy weekend. We're doing the lunches at work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so I have lots to prepare on the weekend to get ready. Plus we have a BBQ to attend on Sunday afternoon so I'm going to skip going to the Rec Centre on Saturday evening. I made a list of everything I need to accomplish before Monday and something had to go. I also have to make sure I have everything done for Wednesday as well so I don't miss our evening of dance and refreshments on Tuesday. No way am I giving THAT up.
We've simplified the menu slightly from last time but there's still lots to be done. But I've made a to-do list and I can just cross stuff off as it gets done. Just have to be organized.

It looks like we have another catering job at the end of November as well. A local small fire department is hiring us to do their Christmas dinner. That will be another challenge we're looking forward to.  Gosh, planning for Christmas activities is hard to do when it's 23' outside and everyone is still walking around in shorts and flip flops!

No comments:

Post a Comment