Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday, October 18th -

Our nice weather continued yesterday. After the rain cleared around lunch time, the sun came out and the temperature was 20'. Today is starting out sunny and 11' but we should cloud over and reach a rainy high of 16' later this afternoon. Right now it's brilliant outside at 5:30 with a full moon lighting up the skies.
Yesterday I was doing a bit of work on my blog posts from 2012, formatting it so I can send it off to the printers. By this time last year we'd had our first snow - not a lot of it but enough to lightly cover the ground.  It really has been a beautiful fall so far.

Not a lot going on. Lloyd worked from 4 to 12 last night so I haven't actually seen him since Wednesday evening. He'll be happy to have had a good nights sleep last night and have the whole day  ahead of him to get some work done today. He's got the garage looking pretty darn good now. Everything is neat and tidy and in it's place. He's set up a time management program with all his tasks listed and now he hopes to be able to be better organized and get things done in a more timely fashion. Part of the problem is he would calculate something he needed, for example, the amount of insulation needed. He'd figure it all out on a piece of paper and invariably the piece of paper would get lost. Now he can put all the information into the program so it's always retrievable. He does do better with some structure.

 It's the same with dieting. As long as he has a program to keep track of what he's doing, he does well.  This time is no exception. He's slowly losing weight and now you can see it on him. Brenda commented the other night that you can see it in his face, that he's lost some weight. I notice that his pants are getting a bit baggy. I, on the other hand, haven't had quite such noticeable results as yet, but it is coming off slowly. Enough to keep you motivated is a good thing.

I picked up some fabrics and craft supplies this week and last night I got down to doing a bit of stuff for Christmas. I'm working on some ornaments that I've seen and they're turning out quite well. I was surprised at how long they take to complete but once the first one was done and I got the hang of how it goes together the rest should move along a little faster. Every year I buy the kids each an ornament for Christmas.  My thought, several years ago, was that by the time they grow up and move away from home, they will each have a tiny collection of Christmas ornaments for their own first tree, that their grandma gave them as they were growing up. This year I'm making them each a very special one that I think they'll like. But after hauling everything out last night, it just made me really appreciate how much I'm going to love having a work space out in the garage.A place where I can leave everything set up and just pick up where I left off.  Lloyd usually goes to bed around 8:00 so I will have at least a couple of hours to work in the evening on one project or another. I can't wait. It's much better use of my time than just sitting in front of the TV night after night.


One thing I've been meaning to mention. My search for press back chairs was not overlooked by my friend Fran in Ontario. When Lloyd was there last time she gave him an old press back high chair for my collection. Now, what to do with it?  Well, if you cut the arms off, it makes a delightful bar height stool at the end of my island. It works perfectly. So thanks very much Fran, it really does look good there and the seat is the perfect height.



Nothing much planned for this weekend. Brenda and Bernie are away and I'm working tomorrow, of course, but other than that we have nothing definite going on. We'll just play it by ear and see what the days bring. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment