Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday, November 1st - is this really November weather?

It's a balmy 12' this morning at 5:00 am. It's raining, has been for a few hours judging by the size of the puddle out in the yard. We should reach a damp high of 18' later that will feel more like 22'. I think this is the weather Ontario had yesterday, so thanks for sending it our way.  I was talking with the kids last night and it was raining when they finished trick or treating. Good thing Meghan went as a bubble bath - complete with balloon bubbles, shower cap and rubber ducky. But it was mild there so a little easier to take. Patti sent me a photo yesterday but I can't seem to find it this morning. My mail format has changed somewhat and I'm having a wee bit of trouble navigating the waters so it may take a while to figure out.

It sounds like they had a great time going out with friends. When they called they were still at Katy's house and there was lots of noise in the background. I asked Meghan if she got lots of candy and she said she got so much that she could barely carry her pillow case. But not to worry - they have a plan for all of it. It seems two of their other friends weren't able to go trick or treating because their uncle had passed away so the kids are giving a lot of their treats to Ben and Nicholas. I was pretty impressed with that.

Meghan is pretty excited. This is the annual ladies shopping weekend to Buffalo. She has a PD day today so she and her mom are heading out with the ladies for the day. Due to other commitments, Patti can't stay for the whole weekend as usual, but instead has to come back tonight and Meg is going to stay with the girls for the weekend. Patti says she's pretty happy too because she's giving Meghan the Christmas list - she now has her own personal shopper! Somehow I can see that being a career choice for Meghan somewhere down the road. She does love to shop.

Patti, meanwhile, will be assisting their home speed skating team at a meet they're hosting this weekend. That girl never ceases to amaze me with all that she's involved in. I imagine Tristen will be going with her but I doubt he'll be skating this time out. He's adjusting well to his new dental appliance. It was difficult at first but he seems to be managing. I was talking to him on the phone last night and it sounds like he's learning to speak around it, as he sounded perfectly fine to me.

It's been a relatively slow week construction wise. Lloyd's been a bit busy this week with appointments for his aviation medical. Today he has to go and complete a stress test. He was working on the wall upstairs that closes in the stairwell. There were some issues with boards not being straight and causing some problems but I know he'll get it all worked out. We tend to get more done now on the weekend. Tomorrow should be a nice day and Sunday is supposed to rain, so it might be a good day to work inside upstairs.  Speaking of that, I went online yesterday and typed in "craft room designs" and oh my gosh - I found literally dozens and dozens of photos of various craft rooms. So I saved those that had ideas I want to incorporate into mine so now I've got lots of planning to do. I should have had it all planned out before now, but I realize getting the walls and floor in, is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of ideas. Lots of  great ideas and decisions to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment