Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday, November 29th - a busy weekend ahead

After some really up and down weather, we've settled into a little more seasonable temperatures. It's currently -6, feeling more like -13' and that's pretty much where we will stay for the day, give or take a degree or two. The good news is the wind had died right off to a calm 23 km/hr. On Thursday morning it was 14' at 5:00 am. The wind was still howling like it had been doing for several days, but it was quite a mild wind. It felt like an early summer morning. But things did chill down during the day and now it's more like it should be. We received quite a bit of rain, but not sure if it was as much as was predicted. At least we didn't get the 30 cm of snow the Ottawa region got. Fortunately it will be all cleaned up in time for Patti and the kids to head there later today.

James is skating and Meghan is going to direct the face time segments. I'll be home so will be able to watch.
Brenda and I will be busy cooking for the dinner on Saturday evening. She and Bernie are coming over tonight to peel apples. Apparently they have a gadget that peels, cores and cuts up the apples. This I have to see! Because it's a piece of machinery, Bernie has even offered to run it for us. Gotta like that!

I did the shopping on my way home last night and I'm hopeful that I haven't forgotten anything. I still have another day if I do, and Lloyd will be working tonight and can pick up anything I may have overlooked on Saturday morning before he heads home.

It will be a busy day and evening, that much is for sure. We'll need Sunday just to relax a bit.

Nothing further has been done out in the garage except I went out for a bit last night and finished caulking the baseboards. I picked up a new heater on Thursday and it seems a bit better than the one we had. We'll see if it performs up to our standards!  We have to get Saturday out of the way before we can begin doing any more moving in. My house is a mess right now, with stuff all over the place, that's meant to go out there. I promise I'll have it all in order before company comes at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment