Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday, November 18th - another productive weekend

It's a cool 6 ' this morning and headed for a rainy high of 13' later. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend with lots of sunshine and temperatures in the 14' region. Not too shabby for the middle of November. It was a great time to work out in the garage. Saturday I wasn't much help. I worked in the morning and had a banquet at the Rec Centre in the evening. But Sunday we got at it nice and early. The trim, as I suspected, takes just about as long as the wall panel but most of it is done. I worked at caulking the seams while Lloyd finished up the rest of the last wall and the trim/ Brenda and Bernie came over and rolled up their collective sleeves and pitched in. Brenda was up on the ladder helping me with the ceiling, and what would have taken me several days by myself, is almost finished. There's just a small amount left to do, that I should be able to wrap in a couple of evenings. Once all that is done, we'll be ready to paint. I've picked up one light fixture that I found on sale, and I may pick up the rest on my way home tonight. Once we get the ceiling painted, then Lloyd can install those. From there it's just paint the walls and install the flooring and I'll be all ready to move in.


So, we were pretty pleased about our efforts this weekend. It made me happy that I didn't go to London instead. I received an email from Patti with a picture of the display window at Selfridges, a department store in London, all decked out for Christmas. It's made entirely of gingerbread and is about 6 feet tall. I'm sure the photo doesn't do it justice. I've never been to London at Christmas but if it's anything like the displays in New York City, I'm sure it's pretty spectacular. I really must go one year.


James was marching in the Guelph Santa Claus Parade with the Air Cadets. Hopefully they had the beautiful weather we had yesterday and not the rain we're expecting today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment