Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday, May 11th - Adventures in Cape Cod - chapter 1

Hello everyone!
Sorry for the delay in posts but I was having some issues with internet availability.
The day we arrived we had coverage for a while on our Ipads but I've not been able to connect with my laptop. I've finally given up and am using the computer in the club house.
Gosh, where to start.
My trip to Brewster was uneventful. I made it there by early evening and checked into my hotel. It was a very warm day on Thursday, with temperatures in the high 20's.  I just wasn't used to feeling that much natural warmth on my skin after our long cold winter and it felt great! I love driving down the road with the windows open, wind blowing my through my hair and the tunes blasting! It was a great day.

I went to LL Beans in the evening after I'd had something to eat and found most of the items  on Brenda's list. Then it was back to the hotel as I had an early morning ahead of me.  The lady at the desk advised I should plan for 3 hours to get to Logan as it's a little tricky finding it if you're not sure where you're going. Patti and Meghan were arriving around 9:00 am but I was awake at 3:30, so I got up, showered and got dressed  and headed out. I went back through Freeport, and stopped again at LL Bean's to kill some time, just because I could. They're open 24 hours a day so it was no problem.  After touring around through the remaining store buildings (there are several) I felt I had killed enough time to hit the road. It was 5:30 when I left so I had ample time to get there and I figured really early in the morning would be less traffic.

As I was driving and it was getting closer to 6:00 I was surprised that it wasn't getting light out yet. That's when it hit me - duh - you didn't change the clock in the car so it was really only 5:00. This was going to get me to Boston even earlier. No problems. If there's one thing our family knows how to do dwell, it's wait around at airports. But the trip took longer than I expected. Unlike most cities where the airport is on the outskirts of the city, Logan is right in the middle on the water. I found it a bit tricky trying to navigate my way through  but I finally made it. I fully admit I'm directionally challenged at the best of times so this was a real test.

After parking, and making careful note of what level I was parked on, I headed into the terminal and found the Air Canada area so that was all set. But it was only 7:30 and my early morning was catching up with me. So I thought, no problem, I will just go out and sit in the car and have a nap. I had a pillow with me and my phone and Ipad that I could set an alarm on.

I headed out to the parking lot and began searching for my car on level 5. I knew I was parked on an outside wall so finding it should be easy. After walking around the entire parking garage twice, there was no sign of my car. In frustration I went to a parking desk and the kind gentleman there called for someone to come and help me find it. After driving around and around there was no sign of it. He insisted I must be on another level, which I knew wasn't true but by now I had no clue. We drove all around level 4 and level 6 but again, no sign. Finally he looked at my parking ticket which I had with me (fortunately) and he was able to tell which gate I came in. So we drove back there and came in and followed the way I went when I came in. That's when we realized that I was actually in another parking garage. It's split into two separate lots. Following what I remembered, we were finally able to locate my car, right where I had left it on level 5!

By this time it was 9:00 and I was sure Patti and Meghan must be landed. I hadn't been able to connect to the wi-fi at the airport so we had no communication. I just assumed they were there somewhere. I finally got back to the Air Canada arrivals area and there they were. They had been waiting for a few minutes, and checking emails to see if they could locate me. It must have been pretty frustrating for them not knowing where I was. What to do if I didn't show up??? But it all turned out in the end.  We found our way back to the car, much easier this time and we were on our way. We stopped several places along the way as we had lots of time and made it here by 1:30.  All in all a good day except for the challenges at the airport.
Stay tuned for part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment