Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday, May 18th - Happy Victoria Day

Today's Weather: a chilly 5' right now but sunny and a high of 18' expected later this afternoon

What a great week it's been. I was a little out of touch as the internet was hit and miss at the resort on the Cape but I'm back home and settling into what is close to normal.
I got home Friday evening after driving a total of 14 hours. I made a side trip into Lynnfield, just north of Boston to pick up some old milk cans for Brenda, from her cousin's house, and a couple of accidents on the highway also caused some delays. But all in all it was a great trip - lots of sunshine and warm weather so I was able to open the car windows and cruise down the highway with the tunes blasting (probably a good thing I was by myself!)

Overall, l it had been a really great vacation. Saturday dawned nice and sunny and very warm so I headed out to do a bit of clean up in the yard. After the winter there were loads of broken branches all over the place. It's going to take a while but I'll get there before the end of the week. The first wedding of the season was scheduled at the Rec Centre on Saturday evening so it was off to work there later in the afternoon. By the time I got home I was exhausted as it had been a full day.

Sunday was not as warm and mostly overcast but we decided to get out and enjoy it anyway. Brenda came over in the afternoon and picked me and my kayak up and we headed out to Johnson's River, our traditional first trip of the season. It was not a cool as we thought and we had a lovely trip up the river and back.


Once we got back, it was time to put together my coleslaw for the upcoming lobster feast back at the VanGaals. The Bairds joined us and what a feast it was! There's nothing like the first lobster of the season.

A lovely Wolf Blass to start off



Nothing like a big pan of fresh lobsters
Yep, they were delicious!
This one's for Patti and Lloyd - chocolate cake, ice cream (they'll know what I'm talking about)



Today is a bit cooler to start but should warm up nicely this afternoon. I still have stuff to put away from my trip so I'd best get at it before it gets warmer and I can head outside.

Lloyd left for Toronto the day before I got back and took the dog with him. It's mightly quiet around here. When you come in the house, you stop and wait for the sound of the four paws to hit the floor, before you remember he's not here. But by all accounts it sounds like he's having a fine time with the two dogs at the Dennison house!

Just a few  pictures from Nantucket , for those friends who are not on facebook.






And finally a really great memory from Provincetown, Cape Cod



No comments:

Post a Comment