Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thursday, May 14th - still having trouble with the wi-fi here

It's Thursday morning and I'm back on Cape Cod. I spent a fabulous 2 days on Nantucket Island. It's a place that's been on my wish list since I was about 12 years old so you can imagine how excited I was to finally take that ferry ride!

I arrived at 11:30 and found my hotel which was within walking distance of the boat. I was booked into a lovely hotel and my room was meant to be on the third floor. Turns out I was upgraded to another building with a newly renovated room that was absolutely gorgeous and on the main floor. It was beyond my wildest expectations. When I get home and have proper internet access, I'll share some photos. I unpacked and changed into more comfortable clothes and headed out. My first stop was Brenda's cousin, Jeannie's Inn.  She and her husband had just arrived the day before and were busy getting it ready for guests. I told her I was only stopping for a minute to say hello and ended up staying at least an hour and having two glasses of wine with her. What a treat she is!  I absolutely loved her and I kind of think she thought I was okay as well.

After leaving I spent the rest of the afternoon just walking around this beautiful spot. After 5:00 p.m. I called our friend's brother who had graciously offered to take me on a bit of a tour. We didn't really go very far, but did check out the restaurant at the airport. It was very busy with local people there for the weekly special. Doug had the prime rib and I had the filet, both meals for the special price of $12.95 - pretty darned good for Nantucket. Guess that's why there were so many local folks there. It was reasonably priced and delicious!  A good choice indeed. After Doug dropped me off I lounged around in my room till time for bed.  I was up early in the morning and headed downstairs for the complementary breakfast.  It was a serve yourself affair but included bagels, cream cheese, muffins, fruit, yogurt, so a good meal was enjoyed and I was well fueled for my day.

I had several things I wanted to do and see and some of them  I did and some I didn't as they weren't open. It's still pretty early in the season. No worries, it just gives me a reason to come back again, and I will be back!

I spent the afternoon walking around and taking lots of photos.  I finally stopped and got some nachos and a beer around 3:00 as I waited for time to catch the  ferry back.  All in all, another fabulous day. The weather was starting to cool off and turn very overcast, but had been very warm and sunny all day so I couldn't have asked for better conditions.

Note to Patti as my internet isn't working - (again) -Lloyd is leaving PEI mid day on Thursday after he sleeps in the morning. So you should see him sometime Friday evening I expect.

Okay, I'm pretty much packed up to leave in the morning, so I'm off  to explore some of the cape that we missed on Sunday!

See  you from home sometime over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment