Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another glorious sunrise



Conditions at 5:30 am: light clouds and 16'
Expected later: 19' and rain
I never stop marveling at the beautiful sunrises we experience out here on top of this hill. This mornings is brilliiant and reflects off the river which appears to be at or near high tide. Beautiful.


Well, after the wind on Saturday, Lloyd has decided to come down for the weekend. It will be a short visit but hopefully a relatively productive one. He'll put the shelter back up and this time we'll anchor it a little LOT better.

Yesterday after work I helped my friend Mireille pick up her new bike. She did have a 750 but decided to sell it and then bought a 600 cc Honda Shadow. I must say, it's a pretty nice bike. I drove with her to North Rustico and then followed in her car back to town. She's one brave lady, I can tell you that. She hasn't ridden since last fall and after one trip down the street and back, she was ready to head out on the road. At least once you got out of North Rustico, it was all easy going with no stopping and starting to contend with until you got closer to town. She was quite nervous and her legs were a little shaky by the time we got back to her place but she did a great job. She was very excited to get a bike again but pretty apprehensive at the same time. I know how that feels. But she's very determined and made her way home with no problems. She was certainly visible as she wears a bright pink helmet and black and pink jacket. You can see her coming a mile away - which isn't a bad thing on a bike!

My flowers aren't growing that quickly except for the sunflowers. I'm surprised they are doing as well as they are being they only get a little sun in the mornings and that's it. But they are getting taller. They are certainly not as filled out as Bernie's are and I will be surprised if they actually flower but you never know. Something has been nibbling on them, so I will have to find a solution for that. But at least they are growing so I'm pleased about that. Not much else to report this morning - a pretty quite start to the week.

Oh yeah, one more thing  - they announced a second show for Elton John in Summerside and tickets go on sale this Friday morning - again. I'm glad I won't have to be trying to get through again.

No comments:

Post a Comment