Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Here comes the sun!

 
Conditions at 5:30 am: 17' with a scattering of clouds
Expected later: 29' and sunny!!!
I can think of no better way to start the day than to sit at my kitchen table and watch the sun rise over the river. It still gives me such a boost to look out the window and admire the wonderful view we have.  It's a very positive way to start the day, especially when you know it's going to be hot and sunny!

Yesterday was my first real day to use the calorie count website Lloyd hooked me up with. I don't know how good I'm going to be at it but at least it makes you think before you eat something because now you are accountable for the choices you make. I know I'll never be as good at it as Lloyd is. It helped that I had supper made and in the fridge so all I had to do was warm it up. I think for me, that is the key. So last night I put on a pot of TVP chili in the slowcooker so it will be in the fridge waiting for me to just warm up a serving and call it done. If I don't have to think about it when I get home, it's easier to eat healthy. So I'm going to give it a try.


We'll see how well I do when the weekend comes. Saturday night I'm going out to Boston Pizza with Mireille, a lady I met while driving the shuttle. I had spent several drives chatting with her and I found her really easy to talk to. One day after I had left Honda I drove by her place I felt a little sad to think about the interesting people I'd met that I would never see again. I pondered it if would be inappropriate to call her and ask if she would like to go for a coffee or drink some time. Well, that took care of itself. One Saturday while Lloyd was here, I was at work in the morning and was looking at ads on-line and found a posting for some lamps that I liked. So I called the number and spoke with the lady who owned them. When she told me her address I asked what her name was and she said "Mireille".She has quite a strong french accent and I knew right away who it was. So after work Lloyd and  I went over to look at the lamps. We talked some more and I found out that she and the fellow she was living with have split up and she's planning to move back to Montreal. I asked her if she would like to get together sometime and she was quite receptive to that idea. She doesn't work and she had made friends with a couple of women in her building but one has since moved away and the other one recently got married so she's finding it quite lonely. So I told her I would call once Lloyd had gone back to Ontario. We chatted last night and we've made plans for Saturday evening. I'm quite looking forward to it.

The other folks I met at Honda are in Upton and Brenda and I are going over there by motorcycle this evening. Lloyd left his hat there and I had bought some books from Tom and I need to pay him for those. As well, Fran had some hollyhock seeds that she's going to give me. I absolutely love hollyhocks. To me they are the essential old farmhouse flower and I can't wait to have some come up next year. But I forgot to take the seeds with me when we left on Sunday so I guess we'll just have to take a bike ride! It's going to be a great day for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment