Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another Royal Day!



Britain's Prince William greets children at Fort Levis in Levis
B-) coolConditions at 5:30 am:18" and cloudy but starting to clear 
Expected later: 25' with sun and cloud and maybe a chance of isolated showers




A girl reacts as Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, greet children at Fort Levis in LevisWell, the city was certainly a beehive of activity yesterday. In some ways I was sorry to not be driving the shuttle anymore but in other ways I was glad I didn't have to try to fight my way downtown to drop anyone off. We all stood around the TV at work and watched the activities. One of the fellows at work had dropped off his two daughters, 12 and 14, with some of their friends at 11:00 pm on Sunday night. They landed complete with lawn chairs and coolers and planned to spend the night. It certainly paid off for them. While they were waiting early in the morning, they were interviewed by Global news as well as an Australian news crew. Then later during the walk about they had the opportunity to shake hands with Prince William. They were so thrilled.  I found these two pictures and I loved the facial expressions on the little girl as she shook hands and then after when she turned to her friend. Her face tells the whole story of people's reactions. I loved these photos.

My little flower bed
Today will be much quieter around the island but not for long. This coming weekend is the Cavendish Beach Music Festival things will be very busy once again. I have to admit last night was not a busy night at my house. I got home from work, made something to eat, and then vegged for the rest of the night. Being up at 4:00 am might have accounted for some of that lethargy. Besides that it was a little drizzly and quite chilly. I'm hopeful that tonight will be better and I'll start stacking wood as soon as I get home and eat supper later.I'll also need to water my flowers, now that I actually have a few. It's looking pretty sparse right now but I'm optimistic that over the summer it will fill in a little. I've also got a couple of hanging baskets and two pots at the side of the house so there is at least a little bit of colour around the place now. It was so drab before with absolutely no flower beds of any kind. Gradually that will change, but I know it takes time to do and time to grow. I just have to be patient.

Lloyd left his hat at Fran and Tom's on Sunday so Brenda and I are sort of planning to take a ride by bike out there on Wednesday evening. It's supposed to be really warm that night so it will be a great excuse for a little tour around. It's always nice to have a destination - it's so much more interesting than just driving around the block. She suggested that if it's really warm this Sunday it might need to be our annual beach day. We haven't had any really warm weather yet this year so if it's nice we'd better take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment