Wednesday, July 13, 2011

They don't call me the "Gadget Queen for nothing!"

 

Conditions at 5:30: some cloud and 17'
Expected later: maybe some rain and a high of only 20' (and only a high of 16' expected tomorrow)

Looks like a good time to head somewhere a little warmer. I'm almost packed. It's hard to decide what to take with you when you only plan to take a carry on bag. But I think I have it somewhat narrowed down.

I made an interesting discovery yesterday. I'm not one who goes to the mall very often. In fact, other than the dollar store, and an occasional stop at Winners, I rarely go there. Well yesterday I had a couple of things I wanted to look for and I went on my lunch hour. What a surprise to find a Stokes kitchen store as I walked through the mall. I didn't remember them being there before and the girl told me they have only been there for about a year. I know a few years back they closed a lot of their stores and I thought they were all gone now. This is a little dangerous. I love their stuff and I managed to find a couple of things yesterday. They often have unique little items that you don't see anywhere else. Needless to say, I'll be dropping by again. (the gadget queen lives!!!)

The favorite bone on the picnic table
Last night I called my dog groomer in hopes of getting him groomed today so he would be neat and tidy for the weekend (not to mention his nails badly need trimming). Well, to my surprise, she is booked up for the next three weeks!  So I'm going to board him for the weekend in the hopes that she has a grooming cancellation and can do him while he's there. But I must remember to take his favorite bone with him. The last time we stopped into Riverview Market, I picked him up a smoked bone. He loves those and has been dragging it everywhere he goes since he got it. In the morning he takes it outside with him and brings it back when he comes in. Wherever you find Cooper, you'll find that particular bone (as apposed to the other 14 that are scattered around the house)  He even takes it to bed with him at night but he doesn't chew on it, he just has it at the foot of the bed, because he knows he's not allowed to chew bones in bed (the whole bed shakes when he does)  He even takes it up onto the picnic table when he's up there. He doesn't always chew on it, but he likes to know where it is.

I did make a call to another fellow last night that I found online. He and his wife are retired and lost their dog a year ago, and instead of getting another one, they take in boarders, but only 3 at a time, and they are not put into kennels. Instead they are treated like one of the family. Unfortunately, they are booked up right now but when I get back, he suggested I bring Cooper for a visit, so that I can see their surroundings, and they can see the dog and see if the two might be a good fit for future. After I hung up, he called me back because he'd forgotten to ask what kind of dog I had. When I told him it was a Cocker Spaniel, he was pleased, as that was the breed of dog they used to have. So I think it just might work out. Only trouble is, they are also booked into 2012 because they take dogs for people who go south for the winter. Not a bad way to make some extra money when you retire. There is obviously a demand. Good for them for coming up with the idea.

Well, I'd best run and get ready for work. I still have a couple of things I need to do before I leave tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment