Thursday, July 7, 2011

What a great evening


Conditions at 5:30am: 18' with some clouds (but the sun is just rising over the river and it's a beautiful morning)
Expected later: 25' with a mix of sun and cloud

This morning's view out my kitchen window
What a great time we had! Bernie was busy hauling hay so Brenda and I headed out right after I got home from work. We took the same route Lloyd and I did on Sunday to visit Fran and Tom. Traffic was very light and it was a lovely warm night. That's what is so different about biking here from when we lived in Ontario. You have countless roads to travel  with little traffic. It makes for a much less stressful trip when you're not constantly watching traffic. We didn't stay too long at Fran's but long enough for Brenda to get a bit of history about their house and also to learn about the local river which was on her list of possible kayaking sites.

After retrieving Lloyd's hat and the hollyhock seeds we bid our goodbyes and headed out once more. This time we took a different route and I really had no idea where we were going but Brenda had it under control. For one brief second we experienced a few rain drops as we passed under gray skies but we soon outran the rain. (Who am I kidding?  It's pretty hard to outrun ANYTHING on a 250cc Honda!)
Within a short time we arrived in St. Peter's. Of course the logical thing to do would be to go to Rick's for Fish and Chips. I had eaten a portion of chili before leaving so I just had an order of really great fries (and yes, Lloyd, I did count the calories!!)

When we left the sun was settiong and I was totally surprised to see that it was 9:40 when I got home.  The ride down the highway past St. Peter's Bay was lovely as were the views of the Hillsborough as we got closer to home. What a great way to spend a hot summer evening - thanks Brenda!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your view!! What a great way to start the day!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete