Monday, October 17, 2011

A busy weekend for the Dennisons



Conditions at 5:00 am: 10' and clear skies
Expected later: 14' and rain

Well, it was a busy weekend for Patti and Greg and the kids. I received an email on Saturday with a photo of Tristen at a speed-skating meet. Seems he and his mom and his sister were in London for the weekend. James and Greg were in Guelph as James had hockey on Saturday. ( I never thought, Tristen could have called up his good friend, Caitlin, to say hello!).
Apparently in Tristen's age group they don't compete for medals or anything. It's just for fun and they all get a goodie bag when they are done. He finished last in his group of six, but he got something for his efforts so it was okay. Reminds me of Meghan last year, when she finished last and her very philosophical attitude was that there was no where for her to go but up. Well, it seems she took that advise to heart as she won a gold medal when the weekend was over. She called me on Sunday around lunch time to tell me how many races she had won and that she had the most points in her group and was in line for a gold medal if she did well later in the day. Sure enough, I received an email later in the afternoon with her picture proudly holding her gold medal. Well done kids! Now there are two prize winning skaters in the family.  Needless to say it may not have been the ideal way for Patti and Greg to spend their wedding anniversary, which was Sunday. I talked to her last evening and she was just on her way to work - flying to Edmonton. But a belated Happy Anniversary to you both anyway.

Winning medals is tiring work
It was a pretty quiet day around here yesterday. I worked till noon on Saturday at the dealership then went to the store for an 8 hour training shift. It went well, but I was tired when I got home a little after 10:00.  I watched a little TV when I got home then went to bed. I was very surprised to see that it was 9:30  when I woke up on Sunday morning. Highly unusual for me but I guess I needed it. I spent what was left of the morning putting away my summer clothes and doing laundry, then spent the afternoon totally vegging. It was quite windy all day and around 3:00 it started to rain and it was damp in the house. It wasn't that cold but it wasn't comfortable so I lit a fire in the woodstove and also turned on the fireplace in the living room. Then Cooper and I curled up on the couch to catch up on some TV programs I had taped. It was a totally relaxing afternoon. Just what I needed. At one point I thought about baking something to take to class on Tuesday as we have to bring lunch, but then I sat down until the urge passed. I knew I still had tonight so nothing  to worry about.

Brenda and Bernie should be back sometime this afternoon. Hopefully they had nice weather for their tour of the Cabot Trail. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

I had a chat with Lloyd last night and he was telling me about a lady he met on Saturday. She was in Guelph for a conference and come out for dinner with Jim and Patty. She was originally from Charlottetown but moved from there when she was young and grew up in Fort Frances. Ironically Lloyd knew her family when he lived there. It truly is a small world, that seems to be getting smaller all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot about that WHAT ARE YOU PLANING ON BRINGING?

    ReplyDelete