Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday, October 28th - Is it finally fall?




Conditions at 6:00 am: 4' and overcast
Expected later: 6'and a mix of sun and cloud - much better than was predicted earlier in the week

Yesterday morning, it was quite cool - both inside and out. I guess it's almost time to light the fire and keep it going. I can't believe it's almost November before we have to do that. I remember my first fall here. I found it so cold and damp that I had the wood fire going pretty much from the second week in September. It may well have been cooler that year but I think part of it was me. I wasn't used to this damp chilly weather and found it really cold. Now I think I'm maybe a little more acclimatized to it. (Of course, the occasional hot flash helps to keep one warm in chilly weather!)

It must have been Thursday night as I  had supper at the Van Gaals on my way home. Brenda was even brave enough to defy the elements and BBQ some pork chops and they were yummy.Along with some new potatoes from the field down the road and some locally grown cauliflower, it was a feast for me. Much better than I would have done had I come straight home.   The next couple of days will be longer ones so I truly appreciate the invitation.  It will also be a bit of a long stretch for Cooper but tonight he was on my lap till he realized the fire was blazing and then he ditched me for a spot on the floor.

I was doing  a little poking around online last night and came across this story about a guy who has his tatoos covered by make up. If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it. ( Having gotten a couple of tattoos over the years, I can't begin to imagine how much some of these tatoos had to have hurt being put on.) Check it out...an amazing cover up job

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/the-most-insane-tattoo-video-ever--you-seriously-have-to-see-this-.html

No comments:

Post a Comment