Friday, October 21, 2011

A wonderful recommendation




Conditions at 5:45 am: clear skies and 13'
Expected later: sunny and 15'

I see that a visitor was in via the delicious food show.com - I highly suspect it was Lloyd. I talked with him last night on my way home from work last night and he had found someone at work who was interested in going with him so he was just on his way to pick her up. So I'm waiting to hear all about it - I just can't figure out how he got here via the food show website but I'm sure I'll find out later. He's going to call me later this morning. I told him to ask Mark McEwan how he liked his first visit to the island.

Yesterday the radio said we were going to get massive amounts of rain and the weather network said 15mm. I think the radio was right this time. Boy did it rain. It poured all day long and when I was coming home the fields along the way had huge puddles of water sitting on them. It was raining quite hard when I got home and the house felt really chilly and damp so I lit the fire before I left to go to Brenda's for supper. Bernie was going to be later getting home so it was just the two of us. We had just finished eating when Bernie arrived back from his trip to the US to pick up a truck, so his supper was still warm.

Over supper Brenda and I discussed the upcoming fund raising spaghetti dinner at the rec centre. We did it last year and none of us had any idea what we were doing but obviously it was a success as they want to do it again.  We also talked about a couple of things the church wants to do in the winter as a social event. Kind of the winter version of the BBQ. We're thinking something like chili but we'll plan more on that later.

Last year Brenda and I did the food for a get together at my then- bosses house. Yesterday I received a note about the comment she left on my linked in page. I had to share it with Brenda as she was such an integral part of the whole thing. Here's what Tracey very kindly posted on my page:

Dear Sandy,
I've written this recommendation of your work to share with other LinkedIn users.

Details of the Recommendation: "Sandy was the 'Chef in my Kitchen' for a holiday social with my staff and their spouses, totaling 18 people. We set the budget for food and I had no other worry! Sandy was very punctual and I handed over my kitchen and did not need to provide anything. All the food was made from scratch - even the lovely mini-buns for the mini-burgers - which is a wonderful treat for busy professionals. There are too many delicious dishes to name just a few. I was willing to help clean up, but was sent back to my guests and by the time Sandy's car was packed up again my kitchen was cleaner than when she arrived.

I highly recommend Sandy's catering services. In addition to her wonderful and affordable catering service, she's a lot of fun to have around a party!"
Service Category: Caterer
Year first hired: 2010
Top Qualities: Great Results, Good Value, High Integrity


I was really pleased to get such positive feedback. Thanks so much Tracey - and Brenda for being such a huge help at that event. I couldn't have pulled it off without your help.

I'm working at the store today from 5:30 to 9:30 and again tomorrow from 2:30 to 7:30 so that will pretty much keep me busy for the next little while. No idea what's on yet for Sunday but we'll see what the weather brings. It's supposed to be not too bad a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment