Friday, October 14, 2011

The Community Calendar


 


Conditions at 6:00 am: 13' and overcast
Expected later: 17' and rain

What a great idea. When I first moved here, I noticed the calendar that Brenda has on her kitchen wall. On  it for each day, are the names of people in the community who are having birthdays or anniversaries. So when Brenda sent me a link earlier in the week with the name of the lady who was looking after it, I emailed her. So I dropped by the school last night to pay my $10.00 and to give her my information. So in 2012 our birthdays and anniversary will be on it as well. I also included the three grandchildren's birthdays only because they've met some of the people in the community and because they'll get a kick out of seeing their names on the calendar. I thought it was a great idea when I first saw it and it's a great fundraiser for the school. It's something unique that I've never seen before.

Last night I chopped up and strained the grapes from Michelle's vines and put the juice in the fridge. It needs to cool thoroughly to prevent crystals from forming, or so the recipe tells me. I'll make the jelly tonight but I'm going to change it up a little bit. I picked up some large bottles of 100% pure juice to add to the grape juice to vary the flavour a bit. One bottle is wild berries. I think that should add something to vary the result. It will be a bit of an experiment but I think it should work.  We'll let you know!

It's looking like the weather is going to be a little better on the weekend than originally forecast so Brenda and Bernie should have a lovely drive in Cape Breton.  I noticed last night on my way home that a lot of the trees around here are starting to look quite beautiful.  I love how gorgeous they look when the sun shines on them - and we may get that opportunity over the weekend.

Well, that's it for this week - have a great weekend everyone and see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment