Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hold onto your hats!



Conditions at 6:15 am: overcast and 12'
Expected later: 14' and mainly cloudy but look out for tomorrow!

According to the weather report this morning it's going to be quite the day tomorrow - heavy rain - up to 50 mm and winds with gusts up to 100 km/hr. Just another stormy day here in the Maritimes. But today won't be so bad. It's supposed to rain this evening so lets hope that it holds off till after our class tonight.

This week we're gearing up for Thanksgiving next weekend. I'm doing crock pot stuffing today so that it will be ready tonight for everyone to sample. This evening we're making pastry in the food processor, then making that into pumpkin pies. Then we're also doing a cranberry sauce with orange in it, as well as a curried carrot and ginger soup.  I have everything ready except the store I went to last night was out of real pumpkin but they were getting more last night. So one more stop at the store at lunch and I think we're ready.

Not much else is new here. I was talking to Lloyd last night and he was just on his way over to Patti's to watch the kids for a while. Patti was working and Greg had a meeting somewhere so Papa was called into service. But he was happy to do it as he hadn't seen the kids in a while. So when he got there they called me so I could talk to the kids. Everyone is settled into school and their extra curricular activities - busy as usual. But things seem to be going well. They are all really enjoying school, which I'm really happy to hear. Unfortunately Tristen and I got cut off and he didn't call back so our conversation was a little short. But I did talk to them long enough to find out  from everyone that today is Meadow's birthday, so
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MEADOW!


Now if you want to see something really crazy, check out this site for ideas for dog birthday parties.

http://www.dog-birthday-parties.com/dog-birthday-cake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment